Photo

Newbie - kinda ;)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hola all! I am actually the mom of the future groom. He and his bride to be are both finishing up college and working so their schedules are very hectic. I am helping them with some of the planning for their wedding. They are getting married at the Grand Caribe Real Cancun during the week of Thanksgiving 2010. Probably Monday at sunset. They will be legally wed in the States prior to the wedding. We are all from the Dallas area.

They are having a relatively small wedding in Cancun (although the guest list continues to grow daily Probably 25-30 people. They are planning a reception back home a couple weeks after they return from Cancun.

I have been reading this forum for weeks - so much info! I still have lots of questions!

#2 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
    • 376 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
      I can relate to the growing guest list - I can never seem to hold one down from one day to the next.

Good luck!

#3 McToasty

McToasty
      • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Wow it's really thoughtful of you to help them out like this! I just graduated and don't have a job yet, but even with my free schedule, it still feels like there's so much to do, so I'm sure they really appreciate it. I hope you find all the info you need! :) Happy planning!

#4 MsZ

MsZ
        • 410 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

thats so nice of you to help out! You will get tons of ideas and help from this site! Happy planning and congrats to your son and his fiance!

#5 baj

baj
          • 1,555 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

hi, congrat's & welcome to the forum

#6 jenne

jenne
            • 278 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

Welcome to the forum! It's so nice of you to help them out like this! :) Happy Planning!
              Jennifer

#7 jaredrey

jaredrey
              • 144 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Welcome from a guy in the Dallas area as well! The vendor marketplace is a great way to find vendors, and we have lots of talented people on the board. Some even have contests occasionally and others are offering discounts to help build their portfolio. Whatever questions you have, just start asking. We have a very helpful and friendly community here!

#8 NRLanders

NRLanders
                • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

Welcome to the forum! I think it is great that you are helping out the way you are. Most of my questions were answered from this site. Good Luck planning!

#9 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx
                  • 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

You all are awesome! There are so many little details and this site is so helpful. I am collecting notes and working with the B&G on all the options. We didn't realize what all went into a DW! WOW!!

#10 jackieandtido

jackieandtido
                    • 156 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

Wavin Hi
                      Congats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users