Photo

alternative guest book

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

so the books go for 50. I think the website you have is the best bet, unless you can bid cheaper!

#12 Island Bride

Island Bride
    • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

I know this is probably out of your price range, but we are renting a photo booth and it prints out doubles of every picture that the guests take, one for them to keep, one for a scrapbook that they sign their name next too! It might not exist at some of these places your getting married at over seas, but it runs about $1000 for 4 hours. Awesome idea if you have the money to spend on it. We opted to drop our videographer to add this to our budget.

#13 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
      • 155 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

The photo booths are so fun but definitely expensive. I know you can also have photo books made on many websites (Shutterly.com for example) for fairly cheap, so that might be a good option! We are going with the framed photo and having guests sign on the mat.

#14 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
        • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

We are going the postcards. Several other brides have done this on here. I ordered postcards from VistaPrint and will put them in the OOT bags with postage already on there. I would like our guests to write their message on the post card and mail them to us (all they need to do is put them in the mailbox). I was thinking of putting my own guest book together once we are home and I will still have their hand written wishes/messages. Hopefully it works out!

#15 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
          • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Island Bride
            I know this is probably out of your price range, but we are renting a photo booth and it prints out doubles of every picture that the guests take, one for them to keep, one for a scrapbook that they sign their name next too! It might not exist at some of these places your getting married at over seas, but it runs about $1000 for 4 hours. Awesome idea if you have the money to spend on it. We opted to drop our videographer to add this to our budget.
            We are going this for our AHR!!! I am soooo excited about it! The scrapbook that comes with the package is black, so I am getting metallic colors for their messages.... I hope it turns out amazing!

#16 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
            • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

I never heard of the white board idea.... but I love it! I might try to incorporate EVERYTHING into our guest books!!!

#17 Reya

Reya
              • 174 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

I am planning to do a sort of Scrapbook guest book as there won't be THAT many people at my DW.

What I am planning on doing is making up a sheet of cardstock (or 2 per family with questions)

The questions will be like Where did you travel from?
                How do you know the Bride and Groom?
                Advice for the Newlyweds.
                Memories of this day.
                Favorite memory of the bride or groom.

I got the idea from someone, i e-mailed her after i saw her pictures online SOMEWHERE!

I will leave the spaces for the pictures, take the cardstock with me to Jamaica and when i get BACK i will fill in the pictures.

#18 Reya

Reya
                • 174 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

Here is the link of what I am KINDA trying to duplicate.

Welcome to the Guestbook Store! Wedding Guestbooks!

#19 jenne

jenne
                  • 278 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

I really want to have a photo guest book as well like the Fuji one from Adesso. I am just trying to decide if I want to spend this much on a guest book and camera that we may not use again.
                    Jennifer

#20 hjack

hjack
                    • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

I would also like to have a photo guest book. Since Polaroid cameras are basically obsolete these days, my FI suggested just having our photographer make sure he gets photos of every couple (or attendants) and then we will paste them into the book that will be signed at the wedding once we get home. Another idea I had was to bring down a couple disposable cameras to have the guests pass around and take pictures of each other for in a guest book. However, then you can not monitor what pictures are actually being taken (i.e. if you are getting at least one of every couple) as mentioned previously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users