Photo

Budget DIY OOT bag for those that can sew!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!

#2 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
    • 484 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pastryqueen_Tanya
      I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!
      NEED PICS!!! please! lol
      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
      Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#3 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
      • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I keep trying to upload a photo but it keeps saying file failed...I will try again when I get home! Sorry!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

Check out the link in my (or any other mods) siggy that shows/tells you how to upload a photo.

#5 KimmyD

KimmyD
          • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

I can't wait to see the pics!
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
            28 Booked + Bride & Groom
            78 Room Nights!

#6 latoya1908

latoya1908
            • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Where did you find beach towels for $2

#7 Raykel

Raykel
              • 489 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

Looking forward to the pics! Remember if you use photobucket to find the little line on the page with the IMG code and copy the whole thing:)

#8 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the tips about photos ladies, but work does not allow photosharing sites. I got the towels at the end of season from a place called Superstore...I am pretty sure it is only in Canada, but I bet you could find them at target at the end of season...
                  I tried to upload the pic as a pdf, the file is small enough, but it still won't upload. I have done this before, I am not sure why it is not working...
                  Any suggestions for another way to post? I will keep trying...

#9 mswhatever

mswhatever
                  • 475 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

If you email me at RSVP@edynjaxon.com, I will post it for you.

#10 mswhatever

mswhatever
                    • 475 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

Ok here they are ladies. I think they look awesome. Good job Tanya!!!
                      Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users