For those of you following the "Jaime is sick all the time" topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Maybe stress is also playing a part in your health, the excitement of getting engaged, and planning a wedding, and your schooling on top of that, maybe your just burnt out, and your body is trying to tell you to slow down! Our bodies have a way of telling us what we need!
Yeah. I can't even get myself to rest now that I have Mono! My mind is still racing with ideas and thoughts. smile105.gif

The doc said I probably got it while my immune system was down from the wisdom teeth stuff.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
why do you have to postpone your site?
Don't know how long I will be sick for, and we had planned to go Aug. 10th. I was sick last time we went to Mexico in June and it sucked!!! I think it's working out for the best tho, cause my Aunt Uncle & cousins are coming into town from Boston on the 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessyboston View Post
just relax im sorry you have mono......your body just needs to relax......where is your family from in bostonhuh.gifhuh.gifare you from boston originallyhuh.gif?
No I'm not from Boston, my Aunt married a wonderful man from there and they decided to settle down up North and have a family. They actually live outside of Boston in Newburyport. It's such a CUTE little town! Martin and I went there last year for XMas. Boston and the whole area was a beautiful place to be. We took a day away from the fam and hung out around Quincy Hall (I think that's the name). We had a blast! :)

Hun Im so sorry you got mono. The best thing to do is just rest as much as you can. I remember when I had it I just fell asleep all the time. It lasted about 2 months for me. I was lucky and recovered quickly considering I had it so severe I was hospitalized for 3 days.

Im sure if you rest a lot and drink lots of fluids you will get past it soon!!

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Seriously, this blows. Martin & I were gonna go out for a relaxing dinner but I took my temp and it's still over 100 still so it's a no-go. sad.gif

All I've done since I found out is have Martin drive me to school, drop me off near the door, walk to class, sit in class for 2 hours, walk back out, drive home and spend the rest of the day on the couch.

I think I've nailed it down to the day I got it, which was June 9th (the day before he proposed!). I was feeling really tired and yucky but thought it was just the plane ride and traveling (we were in Mexico). The next day I continued to feel horrible and after we got back from dinner and the proposal (luckily I managed to get through it!) I felt even worse and took Nyquil and passed out. I woke up that night crying because I had the worst sore throat I've ever had. I went to the bathroom and my glands were swollen all up and down the sides of my neck in places I'd never even felt them before. They hurt really bad and I would have gone to see a doc but it was like 3 AM so I decided to tough it out til the next morning. The next morning the sore throat disappeared completely which was totally weird but I've been left with the completely yucky feeling, swollen glands, tiredness, etc. ever since.

It's hard to be sick for so long. You really do start to go stir-crazy after awhile. Oh, and to top it off I just realized I've got a yeast infection from the strong antibiotics they gave me when they thought it was just a bad sinus infection. Aye yi yi...

Sorry I've been so complainy (yes, I just made up that word lol) lately. It actually makes me feel a little better tho getting this stuff out and you guys have been very supportive, I really appreciate it!

Jaime, that totally sucks. My mono wasn't as bad as yours was, but it still was horrible. There's nothing like being stuck at home, feeling sick and just wanting to feel better so bad, but feeling like you're making no progess! SO frustrating!! I feel your pain. Hopefully it won't drag on too much longer. Until then, work on your arcade high scores!