Photo

Seeking Band/DJ for Turks & Caicos (Island Boys?)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Christina5556

Christina5556
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

I am not using a wedding planner. I seem to be doing just fine planning on my own. I am actually enjoying doing it on my own. My fianc© and I were in Turks in may and fell in love! I have my ceremony and reception set. I'm looking into photography, music and hair and make-up now. Anyone with any suggestions would be great. Chris5556

#22 turksbride12

turksbride12
    • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Christina- We used Ileana from Brilliant for photos who I cannot recommend enough!  I also used Shenique from Sheque Perfection for hair and makeup, which came out just the way I wanted it to.

#23 Christina5556

Christina5556
      • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

Thank you for your recommendations. I am going back and forth with Iliana now trying to get the right package for us. She has been amazing with that. And I have emailed Sheque and am just waiting for a response back from her with her pricing and availability. Thanks again. Christina

#24 kareyusc

kareyusc
        • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hey everyone - I used Geraldine and Anne from Maxime Salon.  They were both amazing and much less expensive than Shenique.  I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality work and a more reasonable price.

In addition, we used Justified for our ceremony and cocktail music.  They have a guitar and congo drums and play a wide variety of music.  Very cool.

We also used Greg "Techno" Been for our wedding DJ.  He was ridiculous.  He  is actually the Friday afternoon radio DJ and is really good at playing party music.  If you are looking for a rocking party - he is the way to go.

Hope this helps.

#25 JenRoseRDH

JenRoseRDH
          • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Christina5556 

I am not using a wedding planner. I seem to be doing just fine planning on my own. I am actually enjoying doing it on my own. My fianc© and I were in Turks in may and fell in love! I have my ceremony and reception set. I'm looking into photography, music and hair and make-up now. Anyone with any suggestions would be great.
            Chris5556

When is your wedding and where are you having it and the reception? We are getting married in October, that seems so soon! :)

#26 Christina5556

Christina5556
            • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Our wedding will be with bay bistro (kissing fish) on the beach. Our ceremony will also be on the beach. We can't wait to go back with our friends and family. October is coming quick. Where is your reception? Who do you have for music?

#27 JenRoseRDH

JenRoseRDH
              • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Christina5556 

Our wedding will be with bay bistro (kissing fish) on the beach. Our ceremony will also be on the beach. We can't wait to go back with our friends and family. October is coming quick. Where is your reception? Who do you have for music?

We are using Kelci Talbot on steel drums for the ceremony. We are waiting on RSVPs to come in so we have a final headcount before we make the decision about reception music. We want to make sure it fits our party size. We have considered Bowen Arrow, a DJ, our own mix on an Ipod, and a guitar soloist. Could end up any combination of the above. We spent some time this past weekend starting a song list.

Our wedding will be on the beach at Grace Bay Club and our reception is under one of the palapas at Anacaona there on the resort. I think it is going to be so lovely!

We had a dinner and a brunch at Bay Bistro and the food was delicious! I'm sure we will be going back. I don't think you can go wrong using Kissing Fish.

#28 DJ Viper

DJ Viper
                • 9 posts
                  • LocationTurks & Caicos Islands

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi,

I am the owner of Lucid Illumination in Turks & Caicos Islands. We provide sound (audio), lighting and performance services for a variety of events. We have done a large number of events for Subtronic DJs (lighting and/or wedding receptions). So there is a possibility that one of the events that you have heard of, we were involved in.

We also happen to have "Island Boyz" on our roster!

You can email me for information and pricing on our DJ services or Island Boyz:

lucid.illumination.tci@gmail.com

#29 DJ Viper

DJ Viper
                  • 9 posts
                    • LocationTurks & Caicos Islands

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

We provide full production, lighting and DJ services for the Turks & Caicos Islands.

We have done work for many companies on island - so a past married couple may have been served by us and not know it, since we were hired by the company that they hired.

Our prices are affordable and I can tell you that our DJ services are less than $200 per hour.

Email us for a complete list of services and prices: lucid.illumination.tci@gmail.com

Thank you much.

#30 KSGWG

KSGWG
                    • Banned
                    • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hiya, if you're still looking for a really great DJ you should check out DJ Dayoh. He has been doing most of the weddings at seven stars this year and is usually their planners first pick. Very professional and great selection of music. He's just launched his website which is still a little under construction ( www.djdayoh.webs.com ) but if you can get in touch with the seven stars planner Laura she can tell you more.

ProvoBride in 2013 -- did anyone pick a DJ - price and was he good/bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users