Sign in to follow this  
PandaNYC

Seeking Band/DJ for Turks & Caicos (Island Boys?)

I have yet to secure a DJ.  I was quoted $350/hr. for an unknown DJ by our "planner" and was less than thrilled.  I'm now trying to do some leg work on my own but haven't had much success.  Most contact info I've found is only for bands.....

I am so glad to find this thread.  I am getting married at the Grace Bay Club next June and am trying to figure out my music too.  I am looking for steel drums/calypso for the cocktail hour, but I need a really good DJ for the reception.  I don't want a typical wedding DJ...we are going for real dance music.  My hotel wedding coordinator recommended DJ Cliff and said he was the best.  Has anyone hear of him?

Thanks!!

Me again.  Just back from our wedding and it turns out our mystery DJ was DJ John "Subtronic." 

He asked us in advance what music and bands we liked and didn't like, as well as "must plays" and do not plays.  He put together a play list around our tastes and sent it to us in advance.  It really took away my fears of wondering what this DJ who I've never met will play at our wedding.   I even sent him an obscure file of a polka that my Dad and I danced to as our first dance (he's from Yugoslavia).  It went off without a hitch. 

It was a blast.  He was everything I could have asked for.  My only complaint is that he cut our first dances short....me and my husband's first dance, me with my Dad, and my husband with his Mom.  Sort of annoying.  Other than that, no surprises and a great time.  I danced my tail off and my throat hurt from screaming.  Yep, that me was ladies.  woot.gif

Hi Ladies,

I'm struggling a bit with picking a band for our April 2013 wedding at the West Bay Club.  W're looking for a band that's not too into reggae or calypso music as we'll have a steel drum player for the ceremony and cocktail hour.  My planner recommended Corey Forbes, has anyone used him?  I also emailed David Bowen re. Bowen Arrow but have not heard back.  I have not found any thing really about either band online, so I feel like I'm really picking them blind here.

Any reviews/ feedback on TCI bands?

Thanks!

We saw Bowen Arrow play at a local bar while we were there on our scouting trip. They were great and interacted well with the crowd. We are still undecided on the reception music but I do have their song list if you want a copy. It gives you a good idea of thier range. If we do book a band, we would feel confident using them.

Have you booked your ceremony/cocktail music yet? We are using a steel drummer named Kelci Talbot.

Are you using a planner at West Bay Club or an outside planner?

Originally Posted by VTDiamond View Post

Hi Ladies,

I'm struggling a bit with picking a band for our April 2013 wedding at the West Bay Club.  W're looking for a band that's not too into reggae or calypso music as we'll have a steel drum player for the ceremony and cocktail hour.  My planner recommended Corey Forbes, has anyone used him?  I also emailed David Bowen re. Bowen Arrow but have not heard back.  I have not found any thing really about either band online, so I feel like I'm really picking them blind here.

Any reviews/ feedback on TCI bands?

Thanks!

Hi I am planning a wedding June 2013. I am also trying to figure out music for my ceremony, coctail hour and reception. I was interested in kelci talbot steel drums. Do you have contact information on him? Thanks

Originally Posted by Christina5556 View Post

Hi

I am planning a wedding June 2013. I am also trying to figure out music for my ceremony, coctail hour and reception. I was interested in kelci talbot steel drums. Do you have contact information on him?

Thanks

I don't have his info, I found out about him through Luise and Ashleigh at Nila Destinations. Not sure how you would contact him independantly. Are you using a planner?