Sign in to follow this  
daniepps

Cupcakes at Reception

We're having a cupcake cake at the reception instead of a traditional cake. We're having about 60 people at the wedding. I'm wondering how many cupcakes I should order. Should I order the exact number as the number of guests or should a order a couple more or a couple less?

I would have a couple extra...just to be sure! Personally I would hate it if someone didn't get one...you might have some people want a couple! Looks very tasty! I know at my FSIL's wedding, people were having a couple each. Although she did order a whole bunch!

At my reception I had enough for everyone, and ended up with at least half as leftovers. Some people have more than one, some people have none. If you are looking to be budget conscious I would suggest 1 per person, if you want to be safe and don't mind freezing the leftovers, buy extra.

First of all, that is just gorgeous!

Secondly, I would order enough for one person at least. Cupcakes seem to go faster than cake in my experience with wedding cakes (which isn't extensive, btw - just a few of my friends' weddings!).

Thanks! I ordered enough for 40 people and that costs almost $600 but we have 60 people coming. I'm scared to find out how much it's going to cost to add 20 more people to the cost.