Photo

Has Anyone Used Weddings by Oceans?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 drbride83

drbride83
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

I was wondering if anyone has used Weddings by Oceans? We are thinking about using this company but would like to know what other people who have used them think.

Thanks!!

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
    • 4,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

I started to .... got quotes and talked to them for awhile on the phone, but heard some not great things about them and, in the end, decided to book with someone else.

#3 trobin01

trobin01
      • 203 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

I tried to. I left two voicemails in mid September. They called me back on December 22. I booked elsewhere.

#4 aleka

aleka
        • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

me as well!!! ive been dealing with them but they are so slow to get back to u................

#5 Mel4983

Mel4983
          • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

We booked with them and we are not happy at all with the service. It has seriously been a nightmare since we booked....

#6 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

I considered using them but they took over 2 weeks to get back to me with a quote, by then I had already gotten a really good group rate with someone else.

#7 midnight24

midnight24
              • 754 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

I met the ladies at the September bridal show 09. They seemed so great. Same thing they took about 2 weeks to contact me with a quote and it was about $300-600 more than if we booked online ourselves. They said they would price match and then they wouldn't do it. I heard from them again in mid-November and we still hadn't booked anything yet. They quoted me the same prices and the trip on any other travel website was $700 cheaper.

So needless to say we just had our guests book their trips themselves instead of a group rate quote as I also had a poor experience with Flight Centre too.

So far all of our guests who have booked are glad they got to pick & choose which dates worked best for them, and which location to fly out of. Some are doing Detroit, some Toronto.

Funny thing is this company wouldn't stop emailing after I told them we booked elsewhere.

#8 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Someone who had a great experience recommended them to me. So far they have been very good with getting back to me quickly by e-mail or phone. I am still waiting for the actual prices to come out for February 2011, so I haven't decided on anything yet... the bottom line will definitely make all the difference! But so far, their quotes have been the same as any other group rate from a TA.

#9 Mel4983

Mel4983
                  • 131 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

I found their rates pretty good, but the problem for me has been the service... It has been extremely stressful to say the least!

#10 Oryx

Oryx
                    • 727 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I guess it might just be hit and miss, depending on what TA you get. I have been dealing with Ashley who has been good so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users