Photo

Check your dress before you leave~

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Heads up to everyone regarding your dress. I had a light weight sheath dress. (I wanted something very light weight due to the heat) I tried it on in the store and at home. What I didn't check for, was if it was see-through in the sun. Was I surprise when I put it on minutes before the ceremony to find out that it was completly see-through. I thought my mother was going to have a heart attack. Instant panic attack. I couldn't leave the room without everyone seeing my white thong! Thanks to my new sister-in-law, she took a white pillow case, cut it, sewed it up and now it is a slip. So to everyone......make sure you don't forget a slip.

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LGENDEIN
      Heads up to everyone regarding your dress. I had a light weight sheath dress. (I wanted something very light weight due to the heat) I tried it on in the store and at home. What I didn't check for, was if it was see-through in the sun. Was I surprise when I put it on minutes before the ceremony to find out that it was completly see-through. I thought my mother was going to have a heart attack. Instant panic attack. I couldn't leave the room without everyone seeing my white thong! Thanks to my new sister-in-law, she took a white pillow case, cut it, sewed it up and now it is a slip. So to everyone......make sure you don't forget a slip.
      OMG I am sure it wasn't funny then, but it sure is funny now LOL. I am guessing when you thought of the sexy lingere that would go under your dream dess, a white pillow case was not what you had in mind, again too funny! Sorry LOL

Kelly~

#3 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

good thnking....lol...im trying to visualize the pillowcase as a slip lol lol.....
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 jesswins

jesswins
        • 142 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

what a creative girl!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

lol, Cain's aunt's dress was see through as well, he (the groom) didn't tell her because she was already having dress problems and he didn't want to ruin her day.. lol

Good thing you had your friend work some magic..

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

OMG!! thanks for letting us know~ I am sure that you are not the only person that this has happened to!

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

OMG! Thank goodness for crafty friends and family!! We DEFINITELY need to see some pictures of that! Thank goodness you were able to notice that BEFORE walking down the aisle ... but a white thong showing would have been naughty, sexy, fun. :-)

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:58 PM

i always say ... a wedding isn't a good wedding unless there's a "funny" story to tell afterwards ... and you definitely got one!

sorry this happened, but it sounds like w/the help of a creative SIL you made the best of the situation!

#9 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
                  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

Definatly laughing about it now, but at the time......I was little crazy!

#10 PVBride

PVBride
                    • 443 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

I read this post yesterday, and then had a dream last night that my dress was completely see-through! Ahhh!

Thanks for the heads-up, I will be sure to check for this at my first fitting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users