#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crystalballl
    I am having a hard time finding a photographer willing to help us out for a reasonable cost. Anyone know of any or if you are one, feel free to contact me!!

Thanks!!
    FYI - Vendors on here are not allowed to post offering their services to anyone, nor are they allowed to contact you to solicit their services. Just wanted to let you know why no photographers should respond to this or contact you!

#12 bikegirl

bikegirl
    • Banned
    • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlexsBride
      Thanks, I am going to check out these websites as well. Above and beyond the travel costs, what is a reasonable rate to expect to pay a photographer? Anyone have any ideas? I want all day/night of wedding day and reception, a TTD shoot and all edited photos on DVD in high resolution. I will look after the prints myself.
      It seems to be all over the board! I have received quotes from $1500-10000 !! It also doesn't seem the cost always directly corresponds to the work. What I mean is, a more expensive photographer does not neccessarily have the style or skill I'm looking for.

What I'm doing right now is a preliminary search for photographers - contacting all the ones I like to get a general price list. That helps take a few immediately off the list. Then I'm going to rank them from price and how much I wish to use them. The one who meets in the middle will be my pick.

Hope that helps!

#13 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
      • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Just thought I'd let everyone know we found out photographer! Another thing off our checklist!! :)

#14 Jeff Babineau

Jeff Babineau
        • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

Just finished a wedding in Cuba last week . Some samples can be found at Babineau Photography Wedding and Portrait Blog Photography in Halifax, Truro, Cape Breton, New Glasgow
          We are from the Maritimes and are much more reasonable for our rates than some photographers and offer all the good stuff like trash the dress .
          Just wanted brides to know we were here.

thanks

Jeff Babineau
          Babineau Photography | Nova Scotia Portrait and Wedding Photography
          1-902-890-4421

#15 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
          • 191 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Crystalballl
            Just thought I'd let everyone know we found out photographer! Another thing off our checklist!! :)
            Who did you end up going with?? I am also looking for a reasonably priced photographer for Cuba, just ten days before you!!!!
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#16 Jeff Babineau

Jeff Babineau
            • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

Glad to hear you got a good photographer. Have a blast guys!!

#17 Applehead Studio

Applehead Studio
              • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Hey,

if you find a photographer you like, locally or elsewhere in Canada, just simply ask them what the rates are for travel to Cuba to cover your wedding. Some are tryin to build portfolios and you can get them for great prices. Others are established and have some incredible work to show and the experience to back it up.

You should be able to find the perfect photographer for you regardless of your budget.

Good luck and congrats!!

liam

#18 ML23

ML23
                • 33 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

I did a lot of research, and finally booked my photographer yesterday and I`m so happy!!!
                  ***I'm so happy with my photos from EnVogue Photography!!!!! ***

#19 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                  • 401 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

I have been back and forth on the photographer thing. I want to bring my own...I found a girl who is building her portfolio and will do it very reasonably. Just trying to figure out if it is in the budget!
                    Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#20 islandbride_2011

islandbride_2011
                    • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

I am very new to this forum, although I signed up quite a while ago...and I just have to say, all of your postings are so helpful!!! My fiance and I are getting married at the Iberostar Varadero on March 9, 2011 and one of my biggest worries is what we will do for a photographer as pictures are really the only thing you get to remind you of your special day. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone because we are looking for a photographer and this is a great start!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users