• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 vdaybride

vdaybride
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denise40
    I don't know if I can post this link or not, if not, mod please remove. It is a blog that has drinks by colors. This one if for red drinks.

Cocktails & Details: The Wedding Planners' Fabulous Blog Blog Archive Signature Drinks for Your Wedding by Color: Red
    Oh Denise!!!! Thank you soooo much, I am emailing the link to my wedding coordinator to see what liquer is available is at the resort so that I can choose one. I really appreciate the link!
    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#12 vdaybride

vdaybride
    • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Matt May
      One of our couples that got married at the El Dorado Royale on the Mayan Riviera created their signature drink. When they got to the resort, they met with the bartender to make a signature drink for their wedding which precisely matched their bridesmaids dresses. You can see how cool the drink looked:
      Nick & Dana, Riviera Maya, Mexico Matthew May Photography — San Francisco, CA — The Blog

One thing was that their blue drink turned everyone's tongue and teeth blue which made for some hysterical photos later in the evening.

You also might want to consider having your second green drink be a Non-Alcoholic one. If it's hot, it could be very refreshing.
      Have fun! - Suzanne & Matt
      oooh Matt, I didn't think of the teeth changing aspect of it. I sure don't want to ruin my new bleaching job!!! I might have to rethink that and add red garnishes like someone else mentioned.
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#13 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

This is what I'm working on too! My drink as well needs to be green. I actually decided to have a get with my MOH & a few bridesmaids and we are going to try different recipes tomorrow night together and perfect the ingredients and we are going to name it too. I figured this would be a fun way to discovered what works best :)

#14 SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride
        • Banned
        • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

That is a great idea let us know how it turns out

#15 roxyqt

roxyqt
          • 165 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:29 AM

I know for sure one of ours is going to be my summer drink of choice:)
            "Malibu and Pineapple Juice on the Rocks"
            I have always called it "Suntan In A Glass" so all of our friends will get a little laugh that it is at our reception :), totally me :)

#16 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SeptemberBride
              That is a great idea let us know how it turns out
              This drink testing night turned out amazing! I nailed down exactly what drinks I want to have and perfected the recipes and sent them to my wedding coordinator. We tried out 3 of my potentials and chose our two favorites :)

#17 roxyqt

roxyqt
              • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:47 AM

Oh I almost forgot...
                To go along with our "Suntan In A Glass"
                We want to name things after our location... Key West the Southenmost Point of the USA. So the menu will look something like this, of course prettier :)...

"Suntan In A Glass"
                Southernmost Beer
                Southernmost Wine
                Southern Most Martini ....etc

#18 gettinghitched2010

gettinghitched2010
                • 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

thanks for sharing. I need red..

#19 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                  • 829 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

I am interested in doing this for our reception -- did you have to pay extra at the resort for this? I'm hoping to narrow down an easy recipe and contact our WC to see if we can make it work. But I was just curious as to if you paid extra for it or not!

Thanks!

#20 SophieInLove

SophieInLove
                    • Banned
                    • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

we were going to do our own drinks but then thought even if we have the recipe, this can be a hassle, so we are getting an hour of lighted bar on a mobile cart with colored margaritas and cosmos with tequilas.
                      you can check on this site as our coordinator offered this and we are having it!
                      fun open bar - venues - catering JULIETA your WEDDING FLORIST AND COORDINATOR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users