Sign in to follow this  
nicitica

Signature cocktail recipe ideas?

We are buying our own liquor/wine/beer for our reception. I would like a signature drink (ideally made with tequila), or 2 drinks... Our color is lime green, so it would be cool to incorporate that (obviously a margarita would work). If you have any recipes to another great drink I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

Funny, I came on to this blog tonight to post the same thing! However, the resort is going to make the drink so I'm sure they have suggestions, but just wanted to see what everyone else was doing. The only thing is, I can't stand tequila. So I'm looking for a blue drink with rum or vodka, I think.

I needed the same help, but I need a red drink. I am thinking of using a "sex on the beach" but changing it to "love on the beach" so I won't get any sideways glares from my parentsblush2.gif

Here is one that I found on the internet:

Mexican Samurai (About)

Ingredients:

2 parts TY KU liqueur

1 part tequila

fresh sweet and sour mix

Preparation:

Pour the tequila and Ty Ku into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.

Add a dash of fresh sweet and sour mix.

Shake well.

Strain into a shot glass.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is great, reminds me of college, we use to have "over the rainbow" nights. Where you'd find a cool bartender and ask them to make you a "red" drink and work your way all the way through to a "purple" drink. I don't remember any creative but maybe it is because we had already worked through red, orange and yellow :)

If you don't find a green drink you are happy with (and to avoid teeth and tongue changing colors) you could do a green garnish bar and clear drinks... garinshes could be limes, mint, green apple, green candy cherries...etc Drinks could be vodka with different mixes.