• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 RonNMel

RonNMel
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KGraham27
    Great ideas! The melted candle wax sounds like the best way to do it. I think they have candle wax in little balls that you could pour into the vase then melt with a lighter.
    Never heard of those little candle wax balls. Where would you find those?

#42 Jess3414

Jess3414
    • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

I guess if you just pour it all in at once you can't really mess it up anyway because it won't have a pattern to it really.

I got a vase with a cork but I think once I get home we will just redo it so it's nice with each layer a different color. We will have three colors because we have children so I have to figure out how to handle the pouring at the ceremony. Maybe we will each just pour one layer for pics and call it done.

#43 Jackie22

Jackie22
      • 336 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

I also got the vase with the cork, from daisydays.com. It actually just arrive today. I will put it in my carry on and hope it all stays put!

#44 Shay

Shay
        • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

I've decided to securely ship our sand set to and from. Less to have to worry about carrying on the plane. Pricey yes but think it's worth it.

#45 virgotech757

virgotech757
          • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

I got one with a cork and heavy weight glassware. I rec. carrying it on plane. tRY THIS SITE

Heart Shaped Sand Ceremony Vase Set - THINGS FESTIVE

#46 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

Initially my fiance was upset by the idea of "redoing" our sand ceremony when we got home. So I planned on carrying it on the plane since it doesn't have a top (also went on a cruise after the wedding leaving from a different country we got married in). Once it came time to pack and leave the resort he threw a fit at this because of the pain it would be. Haha. My dad had shoved some balled up plastic bags in the top and then my, oh I guess husband now, tied a bag around it so the bottom of the bag covered the top and the knot was on the bottom of the vase. I put a hair band around the top and tied another bag around it. When we got to the cruise port I could tell it was totally messed up. I was pretty upset because I would have rather just carried it on. We got home and after three flights and at least two TSA bag checks it's fairly mixed and a relatively good amount of sand fell out. It's not too mixed though and is still sorta cool looking. I'll try to get pictures of before and after when I get home tonight.

So I guess my advice is do NOT check it unless you have a really good plan for sealing it up. One more plastic balled up bag inside and maybe some serious TAPE would have helped. Oh well it's still unique and it shows our lives being even more blended now.Haha

#47 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
              • 183 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Blah I didn't even think about this!! I am doing a sand ceremony. I will be corking it and carrying it on, geez what would I do with out this forum. :confused:

#48 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
                • 160 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am thinking that after the ceremony to leave it out in our room.  The sand settles, so each day we can pour more and more sand in until it is packed tight.  Then, seal it with whatever comes with it. And of course, carry on!

#49 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
                  • 160 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am thinking that after the ceremony to leave it out in our room.  The sand settles, so each day we can pour more and more sand in until it is packed tight.  Then, seal it with whatever comes with it. And of course, carry on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users