• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nbulldog19
    I made sure to get a vase with a top and I am planning on carrying it on the plane so it doesn't get ruined. FYI: i go my vase at Home Goods for $16. It's very unique and I absolutely love it, will definitely post when I do my planning thread
    That is what i did as well.... I will also be trying the wax and then putting the top on it as well. I really hope those two steps work.
    Cory & Jennifer
    March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#12 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
    • 426 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

I never thought of wax. That's a great idea I might have to look into. OR...you could just do what my fiance suggested...just pour it over with new sand when you get home...SERIOUSLY!?!?! My mouth dropped open. Guys just don't get it. HAha!

#13 daniepps

daniepps
      • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TonyandTricia
        I never thought of wax. That's a great idea I might have to look into. OR...you could just do what my fiance suggested...just pour it over with new sand when you get home...SERIOUSLY!?!?! My mouth dropped open. Guys just don't get it. HAha!
        LOL....they're clueless! Bless their hearts!

#14 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I ordered a vase with a cork closure, I plan on filling that baby to the brim and packing it in my carry on luggage and hope for the best. I may try the melted candle wax...sounds like a good idea, but the sand will still have to be packed very tightly for that to work. I am keeping my fingers crossed for safe sand travels for us all :)
          Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#15 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Hey ladies. I bought one that came with a cork (you can see in my planning thread - link below). I filled it to the top to avoid movement. Unfortunately my WC decided to dump some of the sand out and ruined the pattern lol! I didn't want it any more destroyed than it already was so I carried it on the plane. I literally had it in my lap. Worked fine!
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#16 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TonyandTricia
              that is exactly what my FI said!! oh boys, lol

we are doing the sand ceremony frame and i'm planning on carrying it on the plane; we're also staying at a different resort for the HM week so I hope it holds up well and the cleaning people don't drop it or something!

#17 kelly1214

kelly1214
              • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:11 PM

My FI was playing with the idea of filling the vase with water before we corked it. Thinking that wet sand doesn't mix as easily as dry sand. Then when we got home, we could let it air out. Any thoughts?

#18 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                • 4,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Kelly - I'd be afraid of water marks and sand drying to the side of the vase. Maybe do a test one?
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#19 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Oh what a great thread, I am set on doing a sand ceremony and was actually just getting some sites together for ideas where to get the kit and where to get the sand - any suggestions greatly appreciated

On of the ladies on here I 'snooped' thru her pictures (this site is fantastic) and they place the sand from the location of the ceremony first, just a little on the bottom, and then their two colours, I thought that was great cause then you also always have the sand from your location with you... just a thought

#20 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
                    • 445 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carolina24
                      that is exactly what my FI said!! oh boys, lol

we are doing the sand ceremony frame and i'm planning on carrying it on the plane; we're also staying at a different resort for the HM week so I hope it holds up well and the cleaning people don't drop it or something!
                      Where did you get your sand ceremony picture frame? I have been searching the web and cant find one...
                      Cristi & Jamie
                      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users