Photo

Aruba Wedding

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

You girls are lucky.  Aruba was always my top choice but I knew no one could afford it.  But I will definitley make the trip there one day.

#42 NJ0511

NJ0511
    • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

sxcT, 

I always thought aruba was expensive also...we just went for Labor Day Weekend ( my birthday:)) and we paid half the price then high season! we stayed at the hyatt and even got breakfast included...the place is beautiful and worth the trip..plan for August, I think that's when you find good deals...even other guests were saying how much less it is during August then the winter/spring months...good luck! and if you go definitely go to The Flying Fishbone!!

#43 NJ0511

NJ0511
      • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

do you have any photos to post? I would love to see...we are still looking at destinations and we love Aruba..the Marriott is beautiful there...If you have any advice/suggestions please let me know...did you do a dinner reception and how many guests? thanks!

#44 nikkidee1214

nikkidee1214
        • 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

welcome and congrats

#45 jenrick

jenrick
          • 163 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Welcome to the forum and Congrats!

#46 traceysteve

traceysteve
            • 328 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi!

Planning a wedding in Aruba in August..it's between the Westin and Divi. Any preferences? Please help us decide...sooon!!

#47 jpgphotography

jpgphotography
              • Banned
              • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

The Divi was great. I was there in April for a wedding. Wonderful job done over there!

#48 Ash000

Ash000
                • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I am getting married at the Divi Phoenix in Aruba on  Aug. 10,  2012.  Does anyone have any feedback on their wedding in Aruba??  Any helpful hits or words of advice??  Thanks!!

#49 jmastr05

jmastr05
                  • 189 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I just had my wedding in Aruba on 7/15/11. It was wonderful, better than I could have imagined, and I hope that those of you considering a wedding in Aruba do not get discouraged (as it seems some have based on past posts on this thread).

Some basic details: We chose the Divi family of resorts. The ceremony was on the beach at the Divi/Tamerijn All-Inclusive. The reception was across the street at the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort. We had 50 guests. We then honeymooned at the Westin.

I could write a book about all of the details, but I'll try to help with some of the recurring issues that I noticed on this thread.

• Legal aspect: I am a U.S. citizen. Though the U.S. recognizes civil weddings performed in Aruba, there are some formalities to the process that made me decide to do the civil/legal thing at home. (My husband and I dressed in shorts and t-shirt and only rbought our 2 required witnesses with us so that the civil wedding did not take away from the one we planned in Aruba. No rings or anything. It was just an item on our to-do). Some of those formalities include paperwork and having to physically go to the courthouse in Aruba (I didn't want to leave the resort for the wedding). I think that http://www.aruba.com/ may be able to help or at least get you on the right path.
                    • Travel: We used an ACE (Aruba Certified Expert) travel agent to help us arrange the travel. You can find a list fo them on http://www.aruba.com/. I don't necessarily recommend the person I used. I chose her becuase she was very repsonsive and knowledgeable. However when it came down to the wire, she ended up getting confused and needed a lot of management.
                    • Coordination with the hotel: I looked into 4 all-inclusive resorts (Divi, Manchebo, Amsterdam Manor, and Occidental). Each resort's webiste gave the contact information of a wedding planner for any inquiries about having your wedding there. We ended up choosing Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies and Celebrations (candcaruba@yahoo.com). SHE IS AMAZING! I cannot say enough about her. She is responsive, organized, helpful, well-connected on the island... She actually was not the wedding planner listed for the Divi. but after we met her and immediately took to her, we asked if she could possible plan a wedding at the Divi and she could! I highly suggest that one of you main focuses is find a wedding planner that makes you comfortable. This will make a huge impact on your coordination with the resort and all the other vendors for your wedding. If you do contact Lissy, you can tell her that Julia Mastrapasqua (maiden)/Garcia (married) recommended you.
                    • Other: I recommend 2 books. Bridal Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields and The Knot Guide to Destination Weddings by Carley Roney and Joann Gregoli.

Please feel free to reply with any questions, as specific or general as you like. After going through this process, I feel like I have a wealth of knowledge and would love to make someone's life a little easier by sharing it!

Good luck ladies!

#50 traceysteve

traceysteve
                    • 328 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

I have heard many great things about Lissy Lampe. I was already in the planning stages with Inge from the Westin. Lissy was fantastic with response time, etc. I had wished that I had heard of her before I started contacting the resorts directly. She said that she plans weddings all over the island. Glad to hear everything went well, any words of advice??

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

Hi everyone,

I just had my wedding in Aruba on 7/15/11. It was wonderful, better than I could have imagined, and I hope that those of you considering a wedding in Aruba do not get discouraged (as it seems some have based on past posts on this thread).

Some basic details: We chose the Divi family of resorts. The ceremony was on the beach at the Divi/Tamerijn All-Inclusive. The reception was across the street at the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort. We had 50 guests. We then honeymooned at the Westin.

I could write a book about all of the details, but I'll try to help with some of the recurring issues that I noticed on this thread.

• Legal aspect: I am a U.S. citizen. Though the U.S. recognizes civil weddings performed in Aruba, there are some formalities to the process that made me decide to do the civil/legal thing at home. (My husband and I dressed in shorts and t-shirt and only rbought our 2 required witnesses with us so that the civil wedding did not take away from the one we planned in Aruba. No rings or anything. It was just an item on our to-do). Some of those formalities include paperwork and having to physically go to the courthouse in Aruba (I didn't want to leave the resort for the wedding). I think that http://www.aruba.com/ may be able to help or at least get you on the right path.
                      • Travel: We used an ACE (Aruba Certified Expert) travel agent to help us arrange the travel. You can find a list fo them on http://www.aruba.com/. I don't necessarily recommend the person I used. I chose her becuase she was very repsonsive and knowledgeable. However when it came down to the wire, she ended up getting confused and needed a lot of management.
                      • Coordination with the hotel: I looked into 4 all-inclusive resorts (Divi, Manchebo, Amsterdam Manor, and Occidental). Each resort's webiste gave the contact information of a wedding planner for any inquiries about having your wedding there. We ended up choosing Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies and Celebrations (candcaruba@yahoo.com). SHE IS AMAZING! I cannot say enough about her. She is responsive, organized, helpful, well-connected on the island... She actually was not the wedding planner listed for the Divi. but after we met her and immediately took to her, we asked if she could possible plan a wedding at the Divi and she could! I highly suggest that one of you main focuses is find a wedding planner that makes you comfortable. This will make a huge impact on your coordination with the resort and all the other vendors for your wedding. If you do contact Lissy, you can tell her that Julia Mastrapasqua (maiden)/Garcia (married) recommended you.
                      • Other: I recommend 2 books. Bridal Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields and The Knot Guide to Destination Weddings by Carley Roney and Joann Gregoli.

Please feel free to reply with any questions, as specific or general as you like. After going through this process, I feel like I have a wealth of knowledge and would love to make someone's life a little easier by sharing it!

Good luck ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users