• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 USSI

USSI
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

Voila - my 'newbie' message!

I am planning on getting married in Aruba in January, 2011 - the weather seems quite consistent in January compared to a lot of other places. My fiance and I are really interested in doing it at the RIU Palace and would love to hear from anyone who has had their wedding there or at another all-inclusive resort in Aruba. We haven't booked a date yet because the prices are way too expensive. We're hoping that if we wait a bit (i.e. by this summer) the prices may come down - here's hoping.

Any advice is good advice. My engagement is in two weeks and there after begin the plans. I don't even know what to plan. :) Don't have sisters or anyone close who has gotten married. I'll just have to wing it. :)

Ussi

#2 baj

baj
    • 1,555 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

congrat's & welcome to the forum

#3 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
      • 512 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

Congrats and Welcome! You will find a lot of great information and help within the forum.
        Aruba is great in January! My brother was married there 6 years ago (his wife is from Aruba) and it was great!! While it was 10 degrees in Boston we were enjoying 90 degree days at the beach :)

#4 mslis007

mslis007
        • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hi and welcome, lots of good stuff here!

#5 soxgirl

soxgirl
          • 27 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

Congratulations! We are getting married at the Divi in Aruba in May!

#6 kenlyn8984

kenlyn8984
            • 196 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

omg congrats i would love to have my wedding in aruba! welcome to the forum!

#7 ~Katie~

~Katie~
              • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

hi Ussi,

welcome to the site :)

congrats on your upcoming wedding and HAPPY PLANNING!

#8 hat0112

hat0112
                • 1,219 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I never been to Aruba but I am getting married there October 2010 at the Westin. This site is great to find all the information you need.

Good luck with your planning!
                  Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#9 coley88

coley88
                  • 186 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hey there. Congrats and welcome, I'm new too.

My FI (then boyfriend) and I stayed at Rui Palace in Aruba about 2 years ago. First I LOVE Aruba, it's our first choice for a DW but it's a expensive.

You MUST go to Madame Janet's. It's our all time favorite restuarant, any where EVER! The food is amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. If you can leave the resort for dinner, please go. We actually were thinking of getting married there.

The resort itself is beautiful. The food and drinks are good, the bars are good the beach is perfect. On the other hand, the pool water is kind of chilly, we went in September. Our only complaint really was the beds. The room were great with wonderful balconies, but the beds were so hard and uncomfortable. We saw older couples stealing extra blankets to put over the mattress to soften it up. That would be my only warning for you, if you like comfy beds, be prepared...

Overall, it's a wonderful resort and the beach is PERFECT! Oh, but you need to get up early to save yourself a hut.

Good look with all the plans. Nichole

#10 jackieandtido

jackieandtido
                    • 156 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

Wavin Hi
                      Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users