Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Legalization & Translation of Documents for DR Wedding??

Recommended Posts

We are getting married on April 12, 2012 at the GOM in Puerto Plata. We have all of documents (2 Birth Certificates, 2 Notarized Single Avadivits, 2 Passports and 1 Divorce Certificate) ready to get translated and Legalized.


Our question is that we can send our documents to the DR Consulate in Montreal, Canada and it will cost us 700.00 US to get it done.

But our Resort says for the same thing to get done there on the resort, it will cost 350.00 US.


Sounds like an easy chose looking at the numbers, but we arrive there late on Thusday the 8th of April and that leaves us Friday to get the documents done. The resort says they will have a lawyer reserved and booked, but I am a glass empty person at times, and was wondering which option is best for us.


If anyone has advice or experience in this topic...PLEASE let me know what you people did or recommend.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this