#21 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Betsy
    How do I add music from Itunes? I have almost given up! Would it be better just to burn a CD? Do you think it will be loud enough if I have it all on a disc? HELP PLEASE!
    try this. Burn the song on a CD. Then put it back on your computer as an mp3. maybe the fact that it is an itunes file makes it more difficult. Then you just import it into Windows MM. I don't remember the steps....I'll try to open WMM from work...

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

OK on mine it's on the main menu & it says "import audio."

If you still have trouble I can possibly call you & talk you through it. I know how frustrating it is when you can't make something work.

#23 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Morgan you are too sweet always helping me!! I will burn a cd - is there a way to only burn part of a song on a CD?

#24 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Quote:
          Morgan you are too sweet always helping me!! I will burn a cd - is there a way to only burn part of a song on a CD?
          You'd want to burn the whole thing & then crop the song in movie maker. So you can crop out the intro or whatever part you don't want.

#25 stefnicole

stefnicole
          • 544 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for posting this Morgan. I'll definitely be referring back to this in the future!

#26 Lorilou

Lorilou
            • 533 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
              so were you successful converting from itunes to cd to mp3? I don't know how to convert the music i already have into compatible MM format.

#27 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lorilou
                so were you successful converting from itunes to cd to mp3? I don't know how to convert the music i already have into compatible MM format.
                My music is MP3s, not MP4s like itunes uses so I haven't had this problem. But, I think what you do is burn the song on a CD & then save the song on your computer off the CD. It should then be an MP3 you can use in movie maker.

You can crop the songs in movie maker.

Betsy ended up using photostory which she said was easier.

#28 Lorilou

Lorilou
                • 533 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  My music is MP3s, not MP4s like itunes uses so I haven't had this problem. But, I think what you do is burn the song on a CD & then save the song on your computer off the CD. It should then be an MP3 you can use in movie maker.

You can crop the songs in movie maker.

Betsy ended up using photostory which she said was easier.
                  where did you buy your music in MP3 format online? i'd be happy to pay $1 each for 3-4 songs just to get them in mp3 format. thanks.

#29 athena

athena
                  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

I love all of these different tips!! I've been using movie maker for about 3 years now. It's fun to put pictures faded into movies that relate. I have ran into a few problems with it though - if you make a movie/pic slideshow over 30 min, it can freeze and you loose all your work. Not fun!! Especially since editing can take forever!! Anyone else run into this problem?
                    Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)
                    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=txa6zZ6AoNs

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long
                    http://bestdestinati.../forum/t33896-2

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lorilou
                      where did you buy your music in MP3 format online? i'd be happy to pay $1 each for 3-4 songs just to get them in mp3 format. thanks.
                      I've only made a few slideshows & used old mp3s. I don't download much music now. I'm stuck in 1995 & just listen to all my old stuff over & over. And I podcast a lot so I listen to shows more than songs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users