Photo

Patrice Cormier should be burned at the stake...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

Your friend will be in my thoughts. I agree that he should press criminal charges if possible - it looked very much like the hit was on purpose.

Please keep us updated.

#22 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

OMG Tash! That is so unreal!!!! Cormier should be banned from Hockey. I will keep Tiger in my thoughts and prayers.

#23 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Cormier was a dirt bag at the WJC too. Why Hockey Canada didn't give Eberle the "C" is beyond comprehension. Anywho, yeah I saw that video on TSN - ugly, ugly hit. Cormier should get the rest of the season and playoffs at very least. Unfortunately, it probably wont hinder his career in the NHL. *cough* Todd Bertuzzi *cough* I hope your friend gets better quickly, I'm pretty sure the country is pulling for him.

#24 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nsbride2010
          He is in stable condition as of late in the hospital, suffering from brain trauma (more than just a concussion), and most of his teeth are missing. We are hoping for a speedy recovery, with no lasting repercussions.
          Hey, NSbride2010 -- sorry don't know your RL name :) So Cormier got the rest of the season and playoffs, but more importantly; how is your friend doing? Any good news?

#25 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
          • 914 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

My FI and I are avid hockey fans. We've been following this story since it happened, before if you count our bitching about his similar hit in the Jr's tourny.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend!

#26 marak

marak
            • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:54 AM

I'm glad your friend has gone home from the hospital, although not sure that means he'll be OK. My thoughts are with him, you and yours.

Frankly, blame the NHL. The same way the MLB promotes steroid use and then denies it in the face of media, the NHL promotes violence on the ice and then denies it in the face of the media. It all trickles downhill. But when what sells creates waves, the bigs deny their awareness and downright promotion of violence and substance abuse.

Do you have any links to petitions to change the rules or up the penalties for such blatant violence on the ice?? I'm sure if you post a link we'd be willing to sign and prevent future incidents.

#27 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hope your friend is recovering! I remember the hit in the game against Sweden too. Mistakes happen, but 2 high profile hits= I don't think so.

#28 Holly22

Holly22
                • 127 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sloan
                  Cormier was a dirt bag at the WJC too. Why Hockey Canada didn't give Eberle the "C" is beyond comprehension. Anywho, yeah I saw that video on TSN - ugly, ugly hit. Cormier should get the rest of the season and playoffs at very least. Unfortunately, it probably wont hinder his career in the NHL. *cough* Todd Bertuzzi *cough* I hope your friend gets better quickly, I'm pretty sure the country is pulling for him.
                  Its a digrace they didn't give Eberle the "C".
                  Well even though he will still have an NHL career I'm sure he will always have the D-bag reputation. Look at Bertuzzi even though he is still in the NHL he is not the same and no one respects him. Although that was a whole different situation. I'm pretty sure he was charged and got a hefty fine and parole? I know he was sued for millions and settled. Hopefully Cormier will get some consequences besides the suspension.

I seen your friend on the news. I'm happy he is doing better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users