• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi all!

We are in the works of planning a site visit to Dreams PV in August, probably the 10-13th. I just read tho that Aug and Sept. are extremely rainy, and one site said specifically "do not go in August". That stinks.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

I've been (years ago) and it does rain, daily. But its still hot! The rain comes and goes, usually in the evening. When it hits, it hits hard, but usually very short amount of time. Does that make any sense??

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh
        I've been (years ago) and it does rain, daily. But its still hot! The rain comes and goes, usually in the evening. When it hits, it hits hard, but usually very short amount of time. Does that make any sense??

Yes, that does make sense. Sounds like it's pretty much the same as the Riviera Maya area (that's where we usually go). We went there (RM) last Aug and it was very spotty like that. As long as it's not pouring down rain every day all day, lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

amy is right...i've been in late august and it was really hot and it did rain a few days but the rain storms are really short (w/alot of rain) but pass quickly and the days stay really hot and humid.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          amy is right...i've been in late august and it was really hot and it did rain a few days but the rain storms are really short (w/alot of rain) but pass quickly and the days stay really hot and humid.
          Bleh, hot n' humid sounds gross but August just happens to work really well with our schedule. I think since this is more of a "business-like" scouting trip and less of a "relax poolside or by the beach" vacation that it should be ok. Right...?

On another note, why do I always go shopping right before and buy cute outfits and do my hair and makeup all up when it ends up looking like I've been out jogging in the sun all day by the time we step out our door.

At least the weather in May should be much nicer...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

Ditto to what the other ladies said. When I was there in August it rained every afternoon, like somewhere between 3 and 5pm. There were also beautiful thunder and lightening storms. We would just sit on our balcony and watch then go back out after it stopped. It is super hot then, maybe that's why people say don't go? But it's still amazing so no worries.

#7 fotogal

fotogal
            • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

The great thing about Vallarta during the rainy season is that you get the most spectacular skies and sunsets because of the clouds.

And as long as you have a Plan B for the rain, you will be happy. People will say things like "it only rains in the afternoon" but weather is never predictable.

Christine
              Xinefoto Christine Vincent Photography

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

Thanks ladies. Actually tho we've decided to postpone our trip until December. I am still really sick with Mono and we have decided that we just can't take the chance of me getting down there and feeling like crap. I realllllly wanted to go now but I think it's just asking too much and it feels forced. Plus the time we are planning on going is right after finals so that will be a really great treat and thing for us to look forward to. AND I hear there are dolphins and sea turtles in the bay during the winter! How exciting!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

it should be gorgeous then! my first time to PV I spent the month of January there and it was abolutely beautiful!!! The weather was unbelievable! From what i've hear Dec is pretty similar. yay for you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users