slow, timed out, etc

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:42 AM

hi ladies, I checked and the last posts about this were in 2007/08 so I thought it'd be easier to start a new thread. has anyone been having issues lately? My pages/posts are super slow and taking forever to open and I've keep getting a timed out message saying that the server timed me out because my request would take to long. I'm using IE, is it better to use mozzilla/firefox or something?

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

thanks for letting us know. this is usually something that happens either A) as we go thru a server upgrade, B) when we are nearing needing one, or C) just because sometimes things run slow like that, no reason.

also in the future, its TOTALLY ok, and also makes us happy, when older threads on the same subject get bumped with new content related to it. we can see the date the new info/question was posted, so we know its not just an old thread.

#3 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

ok thanks :)

#4 jplovesme

• 385 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

I'm so glad this thread was posted, because I've been getting a lot of timed out screens too. And slow uploads of new pages on this forum. Thanks for the post!

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

Safari and firefox are a lot faster than IE.

But it has been slower so we are in the middle of upgrading the forum.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Today and on many other days forum browsing is next to impossible. I come and and it takes about a minute for a page to load. There were MANY times when I'd just come in and leave within 10 seconds because the forum wouldn't load.
          Don't have issues with any other sites.

#7 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

The forum is going thru another upgrade that is discussed in this thread -

#8 Ashlynn039

• 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

Oh good - I'm glad it's not just me dealing with it! Carly thanks for the link/info

#9 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Yeah it kinda sucks because that means I actually have to work! But its so worth it because anything that helps make this forum better and run better is awesome!

And.. .back to actual work I go! lol

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#10 **Kat**

• 2,682 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

I was wondering about that myself! Thanks for the link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users