Photo

Non-legal ceremony ????

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 daniepps

daniepps
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

I'm getting legally married in the States too but I really don't want anyone to know that so I'm going to try to keep the vows and ceremony kind of traditional. We're doing the sand ceremony and we're exchanging vows and rings.

#12 jeninesmom

jeninesmom
    • 74 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

My daughter is calling the actual marriage ceremony at home "the document signing" like she is just signing the paper work to get married in Mexico. Both sets of parents are going and then lunch after. Very LOW KEY
      My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#13 momichele

momichele
      • 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

For all the girls getting married before hand, are you telling your immediate family or not? What are you doing if people ask questions regarding making it legal in Mexico since some couples have problems with the paper work.

#14 jeninesmom

jeninesmom
        • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:09 AM

My daughter is calling the actual marriage ceremony at home "the document signing" like she is just signing the paper work to get married in Mexico. Both sets of parents are going and then lunch after. Very LOW KEY
          My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#15 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by momichele
            For all the girls getting married before hand, are you telling your immediate family or not? What are you doing if people ask questions regarding making it legal in Mexico since some couples have problems with the paper work.
            only our parents know that we are getting married here first. the resort we are using in mx has us sign a "marriage certificate" during the ceremony and our guests won't know the difference. if they ask questions like "was it difficult to get married here" then we will tell them we had to bring paperwork, etc....but i really dont people will ask this.

#16 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
            • 303 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

we will be having a symbolic wedding ceremony and get legally married a week before we go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users