Car rental recommendations
Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:28 PM
Also, Cain's Ma is flipping out about driving in Mexico, and she thinks we should walk to take a taxi everywhere. Please let me know your thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:18 PM
i think alot of the gals drove...steve drove when we were there and had no probs...they drive fast in mexico but so do i so it didnt really phase me...if will get really expensive to take a taxi everywhere....the bust system is pretty easy to use though especially if all you are doing it going along the corridor.
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:25 PM
Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:30 PM
I recommend getting the insurance package once you are there. The cars are pretty beat up and the last thing you want to do is haggle with them when you are turning hte car in and trying to get to your flight.
Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:30 AM
Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:18 PM
Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:52 AM
Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:50 PM
* Mexico law requires you to have Mexican proof of liability
insurance. If you get into an accident and you do not have liability insurance, you will go to jail!
* You can purchase liability insurance through the rental agency when you pick up your car. The daily rates usually run $25-35 USD.
* Some credit card companies will provide this coverage in Mexico, but you should check with yours before arriving.
* If you decline the liability insurance, the rental agency will put a $2000 USD "hold" on your credit card until you return the car.
* Most of the major rental car companies have locations at the airport or within a 5 minute shuttle ride.
Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users