My DIY fuchsia Pocketfold invites

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 jplovesme

jplovesme
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hi Boo:
    What kind of laser printer is it? Is it using colored toner? Solid ink? Some printers have different ink, that prints color differently. Or have you tried to change the settings of your printer according to the style of paper? Most printer settings allow you to set it to "glossy Paper" so it adjusts to that type of paper to keep the quality good. don't worry - it takes a few practice runs to get the print the way you want it. if it happens to plain paper, then it might be the printer settings.

#32 chevy14

chevy14
    • 183 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Great job, these look so professional!!

#33 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

Thanks I guess I will keep on trying - I have switched to thicker plain paper, its not doing it as much, funny thing though I have a picture above, just some silly flags and such, with lime green, pink, orange colours, we choose the 'same' green colour for our text. The flags are printing the same way we see it on the computer but the text is much darker...weird.

Happy planning!

#34 MsZ

MsZ
        • 410 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Those are amazing!!! I love the color!! Where did you get your paper from? Im looking for something with that shimmer effect- beautiful job!!

#35 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
          • 169 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:11 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MsZ
            Those are amazing!!! I love the color!! Where did you get your paper from? Im looking for something with that shimmer effect- beautiful job!!
            Thanks a bunch... I got my paper from cardsandpockets.com really great prices, and fast shipping.
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#36 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
            • 252 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:50 AM

Very beautiful! I am using card and pockets too, I hope mine turn out just as good!!!

#37 classadiva

classadiva
              • 685 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Your invites are gorgeous!! I wish I were capable of doing somethng like this. Well done!! Your guests will love them.

#38 LowcountryGirl

LowcountryGirl
                • 153 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BeachBride10
                  Thank you everyone! When I ordered the supplies from cards and pockets, I got the cardstock in full size sheets (8.5 x 11) and printed 3 of each insert per page and then cut them. So, yes all the inserts are different sizes to create the teired look.

And yes I get so excited for the mail to come everyday to see if we got an RSVP! : ) I'll be happy to help as much as I can for any of you who do these yourself, it is rewarding to hear all the comments from people when you do your invites yourself.
                  Okay! I have been looking and looking for invitations and until now, I didn't know exactly what I want. Please help me! I want to do these and have fun making them. How do I get started?

#39 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
                  • 394 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Girl, these invitations rock!!! Will you PLEASE share the details (shopping list, where you got the starfish, how you made the outer sleeve, etc.)? I absolutely LOVE these, they look professionally done!

#40 lmuze

lmuze
                    • 457 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:43 AM

Great invites, i am trying to work on mine...i may need your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users