Sign in to follow this  
NYJen

Your wedding song

Just wondering what some of you picked for your wedding song. I had some ideas but of course I'm looking for that "one really original song."

These are some thoughts:

1. 100 Years - Five for Fighting

2. You and I - Celine Dion

3. All I want is you - U2 (This is a little old, from the 90's.)

I am having so many problems with this one!!! I really wanted Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi, but Robin is pushing for Ultimate Devotion by String Out.

I LOVE that U2 song, but it brings back bad memories so I couldnt use it!!!

we're using rascal flatts "bless the broken road" it so closely fits our relationship its the perfect song for us. I had contemplated "I'll stand by you" by the pretenders (I've always loved this song!) but the other song just fits so well, its so perfect. So I'll just have to play the pretenders song later in the night for us to dance to.

our first dance was to "This I Promise You" by Ronan Keating - it was a surprise to me, paul picked it and wouldn't tell me ... i loved it!

Here's a thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ong-dance.html

We've wanted Brian McKnight's Love of My Life YouTube - Brian McKnight - Love Of My Life: Video 2 but now I kinda want a spanish song... I wonder if he has a version out, hehe

I also really love this song Camila - Todo Cambio

YouTube - camila - todo cambio but Hans isn't convinced yet sad.gif

After much debate we are using Awake by Secondhand Serenade.

I love the U2 song, I hate Celine, so I am the wrong person to ask about her. It is a harder decision then you think isn't it? What does your fi want?

Here's an idea, play them all, and dance in your livingroom with your fi, see which one feels right! Good excuse for a little romance as well...msnwink.gif

Kelly~

Well for us it had to be a country song...and who better than Tim and Faith. We were originally going to go with "It's Your Love", but now we are going to go with their new duet "I Need You"

I really LOVE "By Your Side" by Sade and "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk (from The Notebook).

Who knows, we may have two dances!

ahhh. I am listening to "Feels Like Home" right now on YouTube and am getting teary-eyed! fryingpan.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
we're using rascal flatts "bless the broken road" it so closely fits our relationship its the perfect song for us. I had contemplated "I'll stand by you" by the pretenders (I've always loved this song!) but the other song just fits so well, its so perfect. So I'll just have to play the pretenders song later in the night for us to dance to.
I love RF. "Bless the Broken Road" will definitely make it into reception music. We are using RF's "My Wish" for the bridal party song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
Well for us it had to be a country song...and who better than Tim and Faith. We were originally going to go with "It's Your Love", but now we are going to go with their new duet "I Need You"

I LOVE "It's Your Love!"