June 2010 Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankster77 View Post
Thanks sjmacphe for starting this thread!

I'm getting married on June 12 at the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum in Mexico... I cannot wait! June is definitely not my first choice either because oddly I can't stand to be hot! But being from Wisconsin I'd definitely take it over the snow/cold we've got going on right now.

I've got my dress and am working on getting my invites out... they're DIY so I'm about half way done... really need to get them out in the next week or 2.

FI and I jsut went shopping to pick out his outfit this past weekend... he's wearing a plain white oxford with a tan dress pant... will probably roll the sleeves.. he's also going to wear a fuschia/orange tie if I can find one. We also went ring shopping for his band... and found one that he likes and it's a steal - so I'm really happy about that!

Next on my list is the OOT bags... even the thought of that is overwhelming... but exciting too!

June can't come quick enough but will be here before we all know it!! YEAH!
Im getting married on June 12th as well!! At Le Kliff, Puerto Vallarta. Im so excited and nervous all at the same time. I am working on my DYI invites myself (well my sis/MOH is doing them). I was thinking about mailing them out in February, so i guess that is two weeks. Goodness!! So far I have my dress, a photographer, some party favors, and that's it. Post your DYI invites!! I'll post mine when they're ready!! My FI refuses to wear a coral colored tie, i think it would look cute. Good luck planning

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post
Swankster - hello from one Wisconsite to another! Where in Wisconsin are you? I am in Sherwood...right outside the Appleton area.
Hey Lindsey! I'm in Green Bay - not too far from you! I don't know about you but now that the packers are in the playoffs I'm soooo ready for Winter to be done!

Are you having a civil ceremony in Mexico? If so, what do we need to bring back to the states to have our marriage recognized? I'm still way confused on that.

Wow you are close! I agree - I am waiting for signs of spring as that means the big day will be right around the corner.

We are getting legally married down there. The wedding coordinator is taking care of all the documentation and having it sent to our home/or providing it to us prior to our depature if its ready. I know they have to translate it from Spanish to English and we have to pay for them to do that.

Are you getting legally married down there as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post

We are getting legally married down there. The wedding coordinator is taking care of all the documentation and having it sent to our home/or providing it to us prior to our depature if its ready. I know they have to translate it from Spanish to English and we have to pay for them to do that.

Are you getting legally married down there as well?
Yep - the civil ceremony... I wasn't sure what needed to be done up here once we get back.

Hey - have you thought about doing a Boudoir session? I'm booking one on April 17 with Elegant Exposures... we can book up to 10 girls and we already have 5... if you want more info let me know!

Woo! So excited - I've been wondering where all the June brides were!!

June 28 - Grand Palladium Punta Cana! Then we're moving to Dreams Palm Beach for another week and our honeymoon!! :) I am so excited too -- I want it to come now!! :)

I have got my dress (it's ordered), I've sent out STD which my FI made and we got into magnets. We've got 15 people booked so far, and the others have invitations and information. I have NO idea what my FI will be wearing yet.

Photographer is booked -- and other than that, not too much to plan! I am so excited. But I've started my bikini beach diet -- lol....I'm tiny (short and small), so it's not so much of a weight loss diet but definitley toning.

If anyone else wants to start a support group on that -- I'd love it! lol

I am another June bride. The time is ticking!!! I sent out my STD in September and believe or not I ordered my invitations to be mailed out in February. I have two wedding dresses. One is for the party. 3 out of 5 bridesmaids has ordered their dresses. I have selected the wedding site at Moon Palace and the reception. I will have a welcome dinner the night before. It has been selected too. I also will have a luncheon/rehearsal for the wedding party on Friday the day before. I am expecting around 75 people to attend. I will not have a AHR because my husband is in the army and we will be traveling to live in Hawaii. So I am having all the trimmings in Mexico. I will not start on the OOT bags until April, when I have a final count. But I have already started buying things for it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
But I've started my bikini beach diet -- lol....I'm tiny (short and small), so it's not so much of a weight loss diet but definitley toning.

If anyone else wants to start a support group on that -- I'd love it! lol
Hey there - I am also getting into the work out mode. I am not trying to lose weight, I am also just wanting to be more toned. I always exercise but I'm going to try to do 5-6 days a week (maybe even 7). I have the P90x dvds and I'm thinking of starting the 90 day challenge (basically it's 7 workouts/week, 1-2 hours/day - it's pretty intense). I'm going to have to get on a better schedule though cause I'm already super busy! I'm also going to try to cut out most junk food, I eat pretty well already but I'm sure I could do a tiny bit better :). What are your plans?