brookedanielle
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Nice pocketfolds! Good job.

#12 cutefeet

cutefeet
    • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

These are absolutely fantastic! Do you have a separate thread that explains how you made them?

#13 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Great job!

#14 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
        • 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cutefeet
          These are absolutely fantastic! Do you have a separate thread that explains how you made them?
          No, I didn't do a separate thread with instructions, I kind of "winged it" with these. Here's a helpful site though: My Bride Idea: DIY Pocketfold Invitations

I used Microsoft Publisher to make a mock-up. I knew what size envelope I wanted and that I wanted to use 8.5" x 11" cardstock, so I just played around with sizing until I found something that worked. I believe the invite was 5 1/8" by 6 1/2" when closed. When open it was 10 1/4" by 6 1/2" and the flap was 2 inches deep.

For the inserts, the postcard RSVP was 3" x 5" because that's the smallest the post office will accept. The remaining inserts were also 5" wide, but I'm not sure of the exact height at the moment. Again, I just played around with rectangles in Publisher until I got the sizing right. Hope that helps! I'd also just do a search on Google for DIY pocketfolds, there is a ton of information out there!

#15 KateandDavid2011

KateandDavid2011
          • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

Wow! These are incredible! I am going to attempt a DIY since I have 9 months or so to get them done. I hope I can figure out how you did this! Bravo...very impressive!

Cheers,
            Kate

#16 MsZ

MsZ
            • 410 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

Great job! Love the waves!

#17 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

fantastic :) it makes me giggle that you said there is tons of info on google about them, back when i did mine pretty much the only info you could find about them was here at BDW!

#18 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
              • 49 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

These invitations are very nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users