Photo

2011 brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Radlady

Radlady
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hi - we are getting married February 14, 2011 at the Friendly Hola Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta.  I had issues finding a travel agent that could book for reasonable prices (which I fondly refer to as the "Dream Killers") - but a friend who is a Travel Agent actually was able to get 11 of us booked for just over $11,000 Cdn. for a week - airfare included.  (Me, fiance, his 3 adult children and 2 of their significant others, my 2 teenage children and his 2 granddaughters).

A lot of our family and friends are planning on attending - and if everyone comes through we may have 50-60 people there.  Yikes!  Most of us will be flying out of Calgary (after a 5 hr drive from Saskatchewan!).

For those who have booked their resort already - have you heard from the resort wedding planner that City Hall in Puerto Vallarta is not booking their JP's until January 3rd, 2011?  It seems a little odd to me - but that is what our Resort Wedding Planner is telling us.  It means that there is a possibility that we will not be able to get married at our chosen date and time, which makes it scary signing a contract for a reception to the tune of more than $3,000 without the guarantee we can get married!  Anyone else having this issue?

Gail

#52 AGreene

AGreene
    • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Radlady 

For those who have booked their resort already - have you heard from the resort wedding planner that City Hall in Puerto Vallarta is not booking their JP's until January 3rd, 2011? 

We are getting married January 20th, 2011 at Velas Vallarta. The count down is on!! Congrats to all you other 2011 Brides!!!

Gail, in response to not booking JPs until January 3rd, my wedding planner told us that they don't open the schedule until this November for next years weddings. We have since decided to have a symbolic ceremony down in PV, and a legal marriage here in Alberta to help with the headache of not knowing if we will have a JP or not (as well as getting new birth certificates, apostilles, blood tests that might leave nasty bruises on my arm, etc.). It all just seems easier to get a marriage certificate and get a JP to legalize everything here.

Good luck and all the best to everyone with their weddings!!

#53 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
      • 328 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

We are June 25, 2011 (our anniversary, yay!) at Grand Velas Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta. We're doing the legal here and the spiritual there. Modest guest list of 25 close family and friends. Can't wait!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
        Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#54 Just2Sweet

Just2Sweet
        • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hello 2011 Brides!!! I am planning on getting married at Dreams VM on 11/11/11. Anyone ever visit PV or NV? I am having trouble finding airfare as they do not book this early in advance? Anyone else having that problem?

#55 samfina

samfina
          • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

I'm getting married May 20, 2011 !!! Just2Sweet- we haven't even booked any airfare for our trip yet.. We go to PV every year (in May, the "shoulder season"- which November would be considered to be as well) and usually book a few months before. Our TA said that the schedules aren't finalized yet for May, so it might be a little while before the November schedules are out.

#56 Just2Sweet

Just2Sweet
            • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

Congratulations Samfina!! What resort are you getting married at? I am not able to make a deposit for my wedding date until I have travel plans which worries me a bit.  Are less things open and available during the shoulder seasons?

#57 samfina

samfina
              • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

thank you!!  we are getting married at the Sheraton as we have stayed there a few times before and know what we're getting.  (and that's where we got engaged!)   we didn't have any problems going to our favourite restaurants, and i didn't notice any closures.  as far as i know, the closures are during the summer (july-sept).  good luck in planning your wedding!  PV is our absolute favourite city :)

#58 ariesgrl

ariesgrl
                • 45 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hi ladies, now that I have selected my location (finally), i was curious if any of you have booked a photographer/videographer yet?  I have a few good references but the more option I have, the better :)  Congratulations to you call, I am getting Married March 2 2011!  I cant wait. Sheraton is a beautiful place!! They were on my top 3 and vellas vallarta (maria-i loved her).  I cant wait to hear all your stories and experiences

#59 Just2Sweet

Just2Sweet
                  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hey ariesgrl congratulations! Finding a resort is definately the hard part. I too am looking for an affordable photographer/videographer. I have checked out some of the forums abotu photographers in PV. There are tons of resources there. What have you decided so far?

#60 samfina

samfina
                    • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

We booked Eva Sicas (www.photoshootsvallarta.com).  Her prices are very reasonable IMO and she seems great/very easy to work with and we only needed to give her a $100USD deposit to hold our date.  They have package deals starting at $1500USD or you can create your own package, which is what I think we're going to do.  4 hours of photography is $650USD, 6 hours is $850.  They have "a la carte" items, like prints, canvases, albums, etc.  I'm excited to work with her, her pictures look beautiful.  Hope this helps! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users