Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

hi ladies! Sept.17.2011 bride here!! @ Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa..u ladies seem to be on point with your arrangements. all I have complete and sent out are my save the dates theyre are like tiffany blue/cream or ivory...i see some of u grls have simialr color scheme going..any ideas what the guys would wear its driving me nuts wat to pick for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

 

thx girls! the cutter wore out after cutting 60 boarding passes, so I need to buy a new one before continuing the production.

There is a snow storm today..with 20 cm of snow on top of my car..not sure if I wanna go out! lol

Since some guests are anglophones, some are francophones, every part needs to be bilingual.

I added a page with activities in PDC with pictograms!!

IMG_1686.JPG

Bonnie:

 

As with all the rest of your things... your invites look awesome! and bilingual! now you have to add a Spanish dictionary for the important words!! PICANTE-spicy; cerveza-beer, please- per favor and most important NO GRACIAS-NO THANK YOU. LOL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL! Nan..That is a great idea! Except, my FI's family members are spaniard descendants, so they do speak Spanish.  On my side, me and my siblings when thru high school with international program, so we all took basic Spanish.  French and Spanish are from the same Latin root, so most of the Francophones can decode Spanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work Bonnie.. i love the pictures... so simple yet so brilliant :-) You have really worked hard on those.... Great great job xox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thx Nicola

it is a lot of work and hours of photoshop, but it is worth the effort, since they are so unique.

The pic at the background of the boarding pass was taken on a beach at Isla Mujeres after my swim with the whale shark trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

 

LOL! Nan..That is a great idea! Except, my FI's family members are spaniard descendants, so they do speak Spanish.  On my side, me and my siblings when thru high school with international program, so we all took basic Spanish.  French and Spanish are from the same Latin root, so most of the Francophones can decode Spanish.

Bonnie:

 

Your wedding is going to be really "international". My wedding guests are also from different parts of the world, and now, looking at your invites I´m thinking about making a bilingual version.  Someone  in the May thread asked about  how much time in advance  she should  have her    dress in to be altered. I don´t know. I´m thinking that if I get really stressed I might lose some weight. When are you having yours altered?

 

 

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

 

Fantastic work Bonnie.. i love the pictures... so simple yet so brilliant :-) You have really worked hard on those.... Great great job xox

Nicola:

 

Have you got yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never did STD's. I did make my own invites but i need to hunt for the pix i have as they were dead easy to find until this site changed a few months back.... I will go hunt. They were very basic but did the trick.... :-) x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so here are the mok nes of the ones i used...

 

I used two as Stephen iked one and i liked the other

 

Please remember the real ones were a lot neater than the ones pictured as i took a lot more time making them...

 

th_DSC03344.jpg

 

th_DSC03343.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicola,

They are super cute! I find DIY invites are really unique and present the character of the couple pretty well.

 

Nan,

I sent out my invites like 7 months in advanced, because the hotel that I picked usually get sold out 3 months in advanced.  Plus, apparently the 1st week of July is a high season for honeymooners.  Since I got engaged in Nov 2009, and told everyone that I want a DW in PDC since my engagement...everyone had sufficient time to save up.

As for alteration, I don't think I will need it, since I am already thin to the bones, and my dresses are custom made.  If I loss weight, I will just add a corset to beef me up! lol

OK, you can say I may gain weight, but since I don't like to eat rice, bread, pasta..cereals and most of the fruits since I was a kid (oh yes, I am a picky eater),...without white carbs and fruits, it is very hard to gain weight. I already cut my daily HagenDaz...so it is pretty hard for me to gain weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

 

Nicola,

They are super cute! I find DIY invites are really unique and present the character of the couple pretty well.

 

Nan,

I sent out my invites like 7 months in advanced, because the hotel that I picked usually get sold out 3 months in advanced.  Plus, apparently the 1st week of July is a high season for honeymooners.  Since I got engaged in Nov 2009, and told everyone that I want a DW in PDC since my engagement...everyone had sufficient time to save up.

As for alteration, I don't think I will need it, since I am already thin to the bones, and my dresses are custom made.  If I loss weight, I will just add a corset to beef me up! lol

OK, you can say I may gain weight, but since I don't like to eat rice, bread, pasta..cereals and most of the fruits since I was a kid (oh yes, I am a picky eater),...without white carbs and fruits, it is very hard to gain weight. I already cut my daily HagenDaz...so it is pretty hard for me to gain weight.

Bonnie:

Lucky you! Cuting out on HagenDaz! That is what I call will power! My FI eats a whole bowl of Dulce de leche every night and I take bites....I ´ve told him to watch out or his Shirt won´t fit next May!!

 

Nicola:

 

I think I rememer seeing these in one of the threads here! They are beautiful. Mine are not ready yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...