Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#861 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Too funny mexbride, I was in New Orleans over St Patty's too!!! Did you check out that parade on Bourbon St Patty's night? Wild times indeed :)

#862 mexbride83

mexbride83
    • 309 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

We actually came back the day before St. Patty's, because we had a party here that we wanted to go to. But we went to the uptown parade on Saturday, the one on Market St. It was an awesome time!

#863 Diva

Diva
      • 682 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

We went to that one on Saturday, AND the one in Metairie on Sunday. We have SOOOO many beads that we are putting some in our OOT bags :) We even caught cabbacges, potatoes and onions and had to give them away

We are travel junkies so we decided to put something in the bags that represent all of the places we have been together so guests can see another part of our lives.

#864 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Diva
          We are travel junkies so we decided to put something in the bags that represent all of the places we have been together so guests can see another part of our lives.
          What a fab idea, that is brilliant :-)

You both sound like you had loads of fun, shame us britts dont do "spring break" I always hear about it but think it would be fab to be involved :-) haha

& Mexbride83, your advice on nutrition etc is fab... just hope i can make it work for me.

x

#865 mexbride83

mexbride83
          • 309 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

That's such a great idea! We have a giant bag of beads and don't know what to do with them hahaha, I may steal your idea. The girl next to me got clocked in the head with a cabbage, it was terrible! But we caught two of them, and then gave them away.

We also love to travel, and we considered labeling our tables each as a country we've been to together, then having a picture of us in that country. We've since decided against that idea because I just liked the idea of simple numbers. That may be something you guys could do though!

#866 mexbride83

mexbride83
            • 309 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nicyx
              & Mexbride83, your advice on nutrition etc is fab... just hope i can make it work for me.

x
              Honestly Nicyx- the best advice that you'll ever get is to not worry about it and not make dieting a big part of your life. If you stress about it too much, you can become obsessive and that's where problems begin. Eat what you want, just in moderation, and work out because it makes you feel good and not because it'll make you lose weight. And throw out the scales! I haven't owned one in 10 years. It's not about numbers, it's about how you feel and being happy with yourself!

#867 Riri09

Riri09
              • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't been so great about posting since we returned from Mexico (catching up on work has been nuts!) but I'm just so excited I have to share...I just spoke with my WC (Gelena from Weddings Riviera Maya-they are all so great!) and I have my reception booked for Kool Beach Club on May 28,2011! So I guess we have an official date! It seems soooo far away, but I know it will be here before we know it. Sorry, just had to share. This is the first "offical" thing we have done - other than ordering bridesmaids dresses!

#868 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

The alternative to fix the traveling cost issue is get an AHR after the wedding (which is GREAT, because I can wear the dress again!), but it will be extra cost and planning..plus it still doesn't solve the problem for international guests.
                  I agree with Mexbride, our FI love the way we are, there is no need to change. Like every bride, I want to look good and toned in my dress, and have super long hair on my pics! (I know I know..I sound like crazy) but I always picture myself with super long hair on my wedding day.
                  Mexbride, I read an article on Globe and Mail about adults eat baby food as snack and desert... Do u think this is a good alternative?

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#869 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Riri09
                    Hi everyone! I haven't been so great about posting since we returned from Mexico (catching up on work has been nuts!) but I'm just so excited I have to share...I just spoke with my WC (Gelena from Weddings Riviera Maya-they are all so great!) and I have my reception booked for Kool Beach Club on May 28,2011! So I guess we have an official date! It seems soooo far away, but I know it will be here before we know it. Sorry, just had to share. This is the first "offical" thing we have done - other than ordering bridesmaids dresses!
                    Congrats Riri09! I googled Kool Beach Blub, and wow...what a cool place!
                    I have order any BM dresses yet. Last weekend I bought my 2 sisters to dress shopping, they are both size 00 or 00P, none of the dresses fit them (some actually looked very..weird on them). I guess I will have to order custom made ones from CHINA.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#870 mexbride83

mexbride83
                    • 309 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Riri09
                      Congrats!! We are date twins:) I'm May 28, 2011 at Ceiba del Mar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users