3537 replies to this topic

#61 bikegirl

bikegirl
  • Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
    My wedding is next January. I sent my STDs last month. I figure everyone knows about the wedding, but just to make it official so they have time to save money for the trip. I sent message in the bottle STDs which kind of said to save the date and refered them to my wedding website, i will not be doing seperate invites.

Also, we are having AHR so I will have to do invites for that too, so I didnt want to send 3 different invitations!
    Okay, good. I'm glad to hear other people are thinking of not doing the invitations. :) It'll save us some money, too! I will also gather their e-mails for a mailing list so I can sent out reminder e-mails or updates throughout the next year.

Nicyx, that dress looks stunning! Perfect for a destination wedding. I have not looked at dresses yet...it'll probably be the last thing I do as I need to lose some weight and since I'm so indecisive, might be better for me to just pick something last minute. Lol! What are your wedding colors going to be?

#62 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

bikegirl,
      Ive never really been big on wedding dresses and was not something that got me excited, even growing up as a small girl, a wedding dress was never something i thought much about, but a girl from work one sat afternoon dragged me off to a dress shop and i tried a few on and then i was hooked..... That dres was the 2nd one i tried on and fell in love straight away :-) You should go and get a taster, Its fab trying on :-)

Im looking at White & Aqua for our colour, were keeping it quite simple really but i just love the 2 together, mostly white with Aqua thrown in here and their :-)
      I need to give more thought to how but i know definatly Aqua, What are you going for?

x

#63 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

Nicyx- I was going to have the barefoot sandals also!!!

I finally have my date confirmed!!! now i'm ready to spend!!!!

#64 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

mischaka... They are fab aren't they, I will be getting mine with Aqua stones though or i may even try making them myself as some of the ones i have looked cost more than a pair of shoes!!! lol. Haha, i have just ordered some bikini bands too which i think are a fab idea :-) as i definatly do not want strap marks on my wedding pictures!!!
          Where are you getting your barefoot from?

x

#65 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
          • 372 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Nicyx loooove the dress! I just actually went and bought my dress today! Won't be in until May. I was thinking I was going too early but I'm glad I went and so excited to wear the dress! The one I tried on was in ivory and champagne color, so I'm even more excited to pick up the dress and see it in my colors!

David's Bridal - Satin ball gown with cuff neckline, lace-up back, and pick up skirt.

Not sure on shoes yet...some sort of low sandal.

#66 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
            • 372 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

Oh I almost forgot! I ordered the dress in a white with pool color.

#67 Mischaka

Mischaka
              • 969 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nicyx
                mischaka... They are fab aren't they, I will be getting mine with Aqua stones though or i may even try making them myself as some of the ones i have looked cost more than a pair of shoes!!! lol. Haha, i have just ordered some bikini bands too which i think are a fab idea :-) as i definatly do not want strap marks on my wedding pictures!!!
                Where are you getting your barefoot from?

x

i'm not sure yet. I might have to make one. but I did see a few that were really pretty. and one site where I can get the full set (BF sandals, bracelet, earrings and necklace) for about the price i would pay for some shoes.

#68 Less is more

Less is more
                • 154 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

Nicyx- I love the dress!!! I haven't gotten that far but its next on list!!! Also love the barefoot sandals. I never even thought of that. Thats why I love this forum so much!! Tons of fab ideas!!

Mischaka- Congrats on the date. We will be sharing the same wedding date! Sounds like you are on the ball and I love it!! You'll have to keep me on pace!!

#69 Mischaka

Mischaka
                  • 969 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Less is more
                    Nicyx- I love the dress!!! I haven't gotten that far but its next on list!!! Also love the barefoot sandals. I never even thought of that. Thats why I love this forum so much!! Tons of fab ideas!!

Mischaka- Congrats on the date. We will be sharing the same wedding date! Sounds like you are on the ball and I love it!! You'll have to keep me on pace!!

yayyyy!! Date twins!! haven't been on the ball...but now I am!! and that's only cause my date wasn't confirmed...now that it is...there's no stopping me!!!!!!!

#70 rosieposie

rosieposie
                    • 649 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

Hooray! I'm not the only one in 2011 (in May as well) & have my sights set on a Maggie gown as well!!! --- so tempted to buy but also want to hold off and see what else is out there...

Hmmm....looks like I need a travel agency that can do some planning b/c all responses i've been receiving are "May 2011 prices aren't out for a couple of months...".....makes me feel like it's less "real"......

CONGRATS ALL!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users