Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#3431 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

    Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

    Nan,

     

    I guess it is all depends on where your guests are from...their expectation and their taste.  However, if u fed them a few shots of tequila, I think everything will go smoothly! 

     

    I have people from Hong Kong, Paris, Rome, Toronto, Vancouver, NYC, Montreal...seriously I can't serve smth too street/bar food.  I was raised with hotel room service and micheline restos food (my dad is a chef, and my family are foodies), so I m generally very picky on food.  Maybe I am the pickiest one ...heehee..no wonder I am only 90lbs! I live to eat, not the other way around.

     

    Seriously...after 7000+ miles/ 12 hours+ of plane, the last thing I want to see ...is a weird looking dried meat or glue looking paste with greasy chips I want my wedding to be remembered as good food, good music, good ambience.  I just want to be perfect (sounds like Natalie Portman in Black Swan)!

     

    Trust me, people get over bad/weird/cheap food but they do REMEMBER it.  Of course! I 've been to those receptions that I needed to goto chinatown at 11pm to get a lobster for a quick second serving.

     

    All the items on my menu aren't available in any of the 7 or 8 restos in my resorts, and if they want to have mexican food, they can goto the yucky 4 stars sister hotel across the street to have it.


    Bonnie

    Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


    #3432 michelle2011

    michelle2011
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

      Hay girls my planning journal is up if you want a look ;o)

       

      http://www.bestdesti...d-lots-of-pix-o



      #3433 Nan

      Nan
      • Member
      • 599 posts

        Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

        Murmel, Bonnie, BrideKSMith and Primavera:

         

        Thank you for answering my post. As I told you, I´m getting nervous but I guess it´s only normal. I´m havinsg guests from all over the world ( not really all over but from different corners) and I would say pretty adventurous. What I tried during my site inspection was very classy Mexican cuisine with just a hint of spices so that´s why I decided to go for it. My FI and myself love it, but then some of my friends told me that may be I should offer a more nternational menu. So I started wondering..... 

         

        Bonnie your menu sounds fantastic and I´m going to check with Julieta my WC if we could have an extra dish that people can choose from. I guess this way everybody will be happy. I know it´s my wedding but I really want everybody to feel wonderful and enjoy as they will be coming from faraway places to join in the fun.

         

        I´ll keep you posted...


        Nan and Erik forever!!!

        #3434 murmel

        murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

        Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

        Nan,

         

        Don't get to stressed out! It's really not worth it. If you and your FI enjoyed the food- it's got to be good! As long as it's not too spicy, I am sure most of your guests will be happy to see something new and unique. And it's truly a choice to showcase your beautiful destination location.

        Good luck!


        Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

         

        Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

         

        Official Azul Sensatori thread:

        http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

         

        Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

        http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


        #3435 primavera

        primavera
        • Jr. Member
        • 428 posts

          Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

          Nan, if you and your FI liked it I'm sure it will be great!! At our resort the Mexican restaurant was very fancy, nothing like Mexican food I have ever had before. Our guests were from Sweden and the US and they loved it, they are all globetrotters and my brother-in-law is a chef and a restaurant manager so they can be picky. Don't worry, I'm sure your guests will love it!! :)


          April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

          #3436 Nan

          Nan
          • Member
          • 599 posts

            Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:06 PM



            Originally Posted by primavera 

            Nan, if you and your FI liked it I'm sure it will be great!! At our resort the Mexican restaurant was very fancy, nothing like Mexican food I have ever had before. Our guests were from Sweden and the US and they loved it, they are all globetrotters and my brother-in-law is a chef and a restaurant manager so they can be picky. Don't worry, I'm sure your guests will love it!! :)


            I have decided to go for my mexican menu and get another more international dish for the people to choose from.  It relieves me to know that your guests loved the mexican fancy food!!

             



            Originally Posted by murmel 

            Nan,

             

            Don't get to stressed out! It's really not worth it. If you and your FI enjoyed the food- it's got to be good! As long as it's not too spicy, I am sure most of your guests will be happy to see something new and unique. And it's truly a choice to showcase your beautiful destination location.

            Good luck!


            Thank you Murmel I guess I´ll stick to mu original menu . The location is so mexican that it will match the menu!!  I´m trying not to get stressed... if possible.... jaja

             


            Nan and Erik forever!!!

            #3437 Alenvret

            Alenvret
            • Newbie
            • 2 posts

              Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

              A Message to Hanna seeing i cant figure out how to do a private one! =)

              How was your wedding on the 4th?

              ( I just thought it was great to see another sweede doin a destiantion wedding ( not that we are full on swedish seeing we dont live in the country)

              But im just curious how it all went, Im getting married at Now jade on the 1st of november at now jade.

               



              #3438 prettypigpig

              prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

                Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

                Nan,

                Don't be overstress, just offer a more "common" dish for the non-adventurers, and after a few shots of tequilas, everything will go smooth!


                Bonnie

                Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


                #3439 primavera

                primavera
                • Jr. Member
                • 428 posts

                  Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:25 AM



                  Originally Posted by Alenvret 

                  A Message to Hanna seeing i cant figure out how to do a private one! =)

                  How was your wedding on the 4th?

                  ( I just thought it was great to see another sweede doin a destiantion wedding ( not that we are full on swedish seeing we dont live in the country)

                  But im just curious how it all went, Im getting married at Now jade on the 1st of november at now jade.

                   


                  Sanna, I have sent your a private message :) Our wedding was wonderful, I wouldn't have changed a thing!! You will be so happy with Now Jade! As I said in my message, please feel free to ask me tons of questions! :)

                   


                  April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

                  #3440 Vanessa C

                  Vanessa C
                  • Newbie
                  • 144 posts

                    Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

                    I'm also having a Mexican menu. I'm glad I'm not the only one :) Hopefully its good






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users