Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#3131 angi111111

angi111111
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

11~11~11 for us!! Its gonna be a fun year! I think about it atleast 100 times a day!

Don't stress and enjoy!!

#3132 diahr

diahr
    • 113 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hello Ladies & Happy New Year!

I am new to this thread while I have "lurked" in it in the past.  I am getting married on April 1st at the Royal Playa Del Carmen and I am seriously starting to freak out a bit.  Does anyone have a checklist of things that should be accomplished 3 months out? Also, can any of you ladies reccommend a makeup artist in the Playa Del Carmen area besides Fernando (I think he may be out of our budget)? I had put all of my eggs in one basket for a mua only to have a fellow bride issue a very fair, but horrible review of my prospect. Help please!

Also for the April / May brides - have your groom / groomsmen picked out suits yet? 

#3133 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

diahr,

I am a Royal PDC bride too.  is ur prospect Adrian?  I think Lindobride booked him and her wedding is before ours. 

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3134 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
        • 144 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

This is our year ladies!! woo hoo!!!

#3135 june11bride

june11bride
          • 304 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

It totally clued in when new years hit that we are getting married in just a few months!! It totally freaked me out, but in a good way!! Then I got really stressed because our invites aren't out yet...

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#3136 Nicyx

Nicyx
            • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Welcome to all the "new" brides :-)

Cant believe our year is here already!!! its come round so quickly!!! WHOO!!!!!!

Im a May bride and my FI hasnt decided yet what hes wearing... as alwyas he will leave it til last min, but im not worrying as its what he's like and always pulls it off :-)

I was like you june11bride.... freaked me out a bit too... in a good way, I get married 4 months to the date on Thurs!!!! ARGH!!!!! xox

#3137 diahr

diahr
              • 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hey Bonnie - Yeah, it's Adrian.  I really like the idea of the whole airbrushing thing, but when I saw MSGLAVE's review from her wedding a few weeks ago, I had to hit a major pause!!!  Aside from the complaints regarding his level of skill, what really scared me was his work ethic.  To tell a bride the night before that you will be several hours late without apology is horrifying to say the least. I can't see myself rewarding that behavior with continued revenue, especially when I was reccommended to Adrian by the Msglave herself. To further complicate matters, both of my bridesmaids have darker skin tones, so I need a mua that can work on various shades of skin. I will take any reccommendations at this point.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

diahr,

I am a Royal PDC bride too.  is ur prospect Adrian?  I think Lindobride booked him and her wedding is before ours. 

#3138 diahr

diahr
                • 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hey Nicyx! Do you know if your FI and his guys are buying or renting their tuxes / suits (if applicable)?

Can the other 2011 brides or past brides also advise on this? I am not sure if my FI can rent a suit and bring it to and from Mexico without issue.  He asked me about this and I had no idea.  We live in New Jersey (USA - for my UK / Canadian / Island / and anyone that I missed - brides)

Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by Nicyx 

Cant believe our year is here already!!! its come round so quickly!!! WHOO!!!!!!

Im a May bride and my FI hasnt decided yet what hes wearing... as alwyas he will leave it til last min, but im not worrying as its what he's like and always pulls it off :-)

I was like you june11bride.... freaked me out a bit too... in a good way, I get married 4 months to the date on Thurs!!!! ARGH!!!!! xox

#3139 Hannah5611

Hannah5611
                  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

I am getting married May 6 (April 1st WAS my original date but prices out of Chicago were outrageous...but I love the date) anyways - my FI has linen pants and shirt BUT  my sister got married the moon palace in cancun 2 years ago  - her husband rented a tux and didnt have any problems ;)  We live in Chicago - but there was no problem at all for him to take it to Mexico when he rented it....he just had to keep it longer than normal (which obviously he discussed with them)

Originally Posted by diahr 

Hey Nicyx! Do you know if your FI and his guys are buying or renting their tuxes / suits (if applicable)?

Can the other 2011 brides or past brides also advise on this? I am not sure if my FI can rent a suit and bring it to and from Mexico without issue.  He asked me about this and I had no idea.  We live in New Jersey (USA - for my UK / Canadian / Island / and anyone that I missed - brides)

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:

#3140 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by diahr 

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:

Originally we wanted FI to wear a kilt (as he's scottish) but the weight of it to take is 10kg, which is massive... and also we requested 4pm wedding but have been given 1pm and we think the hear will play a major factor. If we do end up doing the kilt after all we will rent but if he does suit etc we will buy  :-) x

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users