Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#3101 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

heehee...As a black sheep, I rarely eat breakfast since my childhood, and I don't eat breakfast.  I don't skip it like starve myself in the morning, I just don't feel hungry until noon (ok if I eat breakfast, I tend to feel zzz all morning and afternoon, I guess I just feel too full).  As for memory, I have photographic memory even at age of 30 with 20 yrs+ of alchool consumption, straight A student, IQ of 160.  As for weight, still 90 lbs, 5ft3.  My siblings too, all skinny and don't eat breakfast.

My theory is if ur mom fed u breakfast when u are a kid ( I guess 99.9% of mom do feed kids in the morning with some sort of cereals or bread or junks), then u have to eat breakfast in order to kick start ur day and keep the whole machine sane.  My mom doesn't eat breakfast, so she never got up and feed her kids in the morning (and yes, her mom used to fed her in the morning when she was a kid), so yes..my mom is the fattest person in my family.

My take is stay with your habit (if u eat breakfast, keep eating ur breakfast), and don't overfed yourself.  You need to shovel snow for 3-4 hours to burn 2000 calories.  Forget the 4000 calories xmas dinner, it will take weeks to burn it off ( assume u can move ur bum bum enough to burn it off)!

One of the sick article I read on Economist or Bloomberg recently on caloric deficiency (may explain why I am skinny without breakfast, no workout, and get my ID check at liquor stores), said smth like if a mouse is fed with minimal food intake (practically starving),  the mouse would live the same length as a regular mouse with normal diet, but died without any sign of aging (just drop dead).  yeap, when I read it, I found it really creepy. I think another bride told me that Oprah did a show on this topic as well....

Of course, genes may play a role too.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3102 Nan

Nan
    • 599 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

LOL...how many drinks u had?!

Do you think the four gin and tonics that I just shoved in have anything to do with that??? LOL

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3103 Nan

Nan
      • 599 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

heehee...As a black sheep, I rarely eat breakfast since my childhood, and I don't eat breakfast.  I don't skip it like starve myself in the morning, I just don't feel hungry until noon (ok if I eat breakfast, I tend to feel zzz all morning and afternoon, I guess I just feel too full).  As for memory, I have photographic memory even at age of 30 with 20 yrs+ of alchool consumption, straight A student, IQ of 160.  As for weight, still 90 lbs, 5ft3.  My siblings too, all skinny and don't eat breakfast.

My theory is if ur mom fed u breakfast when u are a kid ( I guess 99.9% of mom do feed kids in the morning with some sort of cereals or bread or junks), then u have to eat breakfast in order to kick start ur day and keep the whole machine sane.  My mom doesn't eat breakfast, so she never got up and feed her kids in the morning (and yes, her mom used to fed her in the morning when she was a kid), so yes..my mom is the fattest person in my family.

My take is stay with your habit (if u eat breakfast, keep eating ur breakfast), and don't overfed yourself.  You need to shovel snow for 3-4 hours to burn 2000 calories.  Forget the 4000 calories xmas dinner, it will take weeks to burn it off ( assume u can move ur bum bum enough to burn it off)!

One of the sick article I read on Economist or Bloomberg recently on caloric deficiency (may explain why I am skinny without breakfast, no workout, and get my ID check at liquor stores), said smth like if a mouse is fed with minimal food intake (practically starving),  the mouse would live the same length as a regular mouse with normal diet, but died without any sign of aging (just drop dead).  yeap, when I read it, I found it really creepy. I think another bride told me that Oprah did a show on this topic as well....

Of course, genes may play a role too.

Bonnie I eat bfst every morning and you don´t so according to the mouse theory you´ll drop dead without signs of aging??? ANd me... the same but full of wrinkles???

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3104 mexbride83

mexbride83
        • 309 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

Prettypigpig - I think that, as you said, it's just good genes. You're lucky to have them, I would totally eat pizza for every meal if I had your genes:) But there is absolutely no research to prove your theory on eating breakfast as a child then as an adult, and as we say in the research world... if you can't find anything to back it up, you can't claim it! There is also overwhelming scientific proof of breakfasts effect on metabolism that would disprove the theory. But for someone as blessed as you, it wouldn't matter. So for us unlucky people who have to worry about what we eat... keep eating a breakfast of complex carbs every day:)

#3105 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

heehee I don't like to eat bread and lactose intolerant, so I don't like pizza.  I can eat steak tartar with roquette lettuce/ sashimi with seaweed salad everyday!   no fries, no pasta, no bread, no rice, no fruit, because I just don't like to eat them. 

Well, the reason of no research on it, like I said, 99.99% of mom would stuff their kids in the morning, therefore, it would be hard to find a good sample size of breakfast deprived kids to begin with, then control their food intake, and measure if it is statistically significant. 

Secondly, I don't think food companies lobbied government would fund such a research. Duh~ of course, Kellogs and General Mills would love people to eat complex carbs every morning, noon, afternoon and night.  Just like no research/thesis on how to beat the market from the Finance faculty, because those who found the way would NEVER publish their research.  LOL  Thus, all we found in the research world are usually very repetitive topics with similar conclusions, breakthroughs and contrarians are rare nowadays.

Well, Nan, according to my old copy of Economist, it is very creepy.  The constantly starved rat died around the same age as normally fed rats die, but it didn't have any signs of aging on its apperances, no white fur, no aging signs in its organs too.  Not sure if it can be applied on a human.

Bonnie

#3106 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Here is the links...apparently it works on monkeys and mice...well, I can't tell the differences except one monkey/mouse is skinnier than the other one.

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=1

on humans...well..Nan, it looks like I will still get wrinkles..lol!

http://www.oprah.com...on-Diet/print/1

Ok..I am reading The Globe & Mail...

a xmas dinner with turkey, all the trimmings and 2 slice of pie = 4,575 calories

To burn that => 4 hours of jogging, 3 hours of ice skating, 5 hours of lifting weights and 3 hours of walking around the hood delivering holiday cards

Bonnie

#3107 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

hmmm..back to a more normal wedding topic (ok, I find diet is more a lifestyle topic and some brides are more motivated to make a change in order to look good in their dress and bikini), have u girls pick the first dance song yet?

So far I like The Look of Love (not the version sang by the tranny Diana Krall, but the original version), The Blower's Daughter, and When Stars Go Blue.

Bonnie

#3108 Nan

Nan
                • 599 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

heehee I don't like to eat bread and lactose intolerant, so I don't like pizza.  I can eat steak tartar with roquette lettuce/ sashimi with seaweed salad everyday!   no fries, no pasta, no bread, no rice, no fruit, because I just don't like to eat them. 

Well, the reason of no research on it, like I said, 99.99% of mom would stuff their kids in the morning, therefore, it would be hard to find a good sample size of breakfast deprived kids to begin with, then control their food intake, and measure if it is statistically significant. 

Secondly, I don't think food companies lobbied government would fund such a research. Duh~ of course, Kellogs and General Mills would love people to eat complex carbs every morning, noon, afternoon and night.  Just like no research/thesis on how to beat the market from the Finance faculty, because those who found the way would NEVER publish their research.  LOL  Thus, all we found in the research world are usually very repetitive topics with similar conclusions, breakthroughs and contrarians are rare nowadays.

Well, Nan, according to my old copy of Economist, it is very creepy.  The constantly starved rat died around the same age as normally fed rats die, but it didn't have any signs of aging on its apperances, no white fur, no aging signs in its organs too.  Not sure if it can be applied on a human.

Bonnie:

If I´m going to die at the same age as a starved person (no aging signs on her) I will continue eating my heart out as I don´t care if I get greys and wrinkles LOL! You know what I mean!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3109 Nan

Nan
                  • 599 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

hmmm..back to a more normal wedding topic (ok, I find diet is more a lifestyle topic and some brides are more motivated to make a change in order to look good in their dress and bikini), have u girls pick the first dance song yet?

So far I like The Look of Love (not the version sang by the tranny Diana Krall, but the original version), The Blower's Daughter, and When Stars Go Blue.

My first song?    As with the rest of my things.... I keep changing my mind! I lke Michael Bubl© but I guess it´s too "trendy" right now. I want something romantic, that´s for sure.

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3110 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

I know...but weird thing is the mouse, the monkey and those calorie counting people featured on Oprah..they don't look like STARVED at all, and they look lean and healthy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nan 

Bonnie:

If I´m going to die at the same age as a starved person (no aging signs on her) I will continue eating my heart out as I don´t care if I get greys and wrinkles LOL! You know what I mean!

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users