Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#3001 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thank you ladies.  I can't wait for next November to get here.  I was planning on starting to look at wedding bands over the holidays but I have to take my e-ring in tonight because the stone is loose - so I may have to start looking while I wait :-)  Because I am worried, I am not wearing my ring today for the first time in almost 6 months - it feels so odd to not have it on!

Courtney

#3002 murmel

murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Thanks!  I don't have much of a figure (esp up top), so this dress was able to follow my curves on the bottom and disguise the top.  I am not terribly girly, so the ruffles on the bottom were perfect for me - just a touch of feminine.

Love your dress! I'm not very girly either, and ended up with a very lacy number LOL.

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Thank you ladies.  I can't wait for next November to get here.  I was planning on starting to look at wedding bands over the holidays but I have to take my e-ring in tonight because the stone is loose - so I may have to start looking while I wait :-)  Because I am worried, I am not wearing my ring today for the first time in almost 6 months - it feels so odd to not have it on!

Courtney

I had to give up my e-ring for the past few weeks, while they custom made the wedding band. It felt so odd, I pulled out my jewelery case, and found one of my mom's old rings that fit!  The jeweler was very nice and even polished up the ring so it looks new again :)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#3003 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
    • Banned
    • 223 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Beautiful Dress!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the ruffles!!!

#3004 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nan 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashley1316 

i am so stuck as to just what to do with my hair. i am getting married in punta cana, and if i remember correctly from being there 2 yrs ago, my hair didnt want to do anything! i tried to curly it, it would fall. i dont know i want it down either cause it will be july and HOT. so torn.

I love the flower peices thou. so i wanna try something with that.

My hair is curly so it goes wild when there´s humidity, that´s why  I´m having a professional do it for me. A casual updo or something to keep it away from my face.

November does seem like a long time off - but it seemed like forever when I got engaged back in June.  So I am just happy to be under the 1 year mark.  We are getting married on Saturday November 5th and are having our At Home Party (drinking, dancing, and cupcakes) on Friday November 18th.  We are having the party so soon after because we wanted to get everything in before the holidays.

This site has so many reviews and examples of photography by all of the major photographers in the Riviera Maya - so there should be plenty of info to help you make your decision.  You might even be able to ask a bride what price she was charged to see if there is room to negotiate!

Here are pictures of me in the sample of my dress taken at the dress shop .  Pardon the look of the bridal store - it is one of those places where you don't get a personal assistant, but it keeps the proces down.  If you are able to go to one of those on a week day you still get personal service while benefiting from the lower prices.  I am not a very ornate person, so this dress was perfect for me...

Wow you are super organised. Doesnt November seem like such a long time away I dont know how I'm going to be able to stand it. What date are you getting married? I have found a few photographers I like and who are available just trying to make the decision now, I am swaying towards Sascha Gluck.

You must be so thrilled to have your dress - I bet it is stunning. I am going shopping for mine next week!!

OMG Courtney...... Absolutly stunning................... I love it :-) You will make one stunning bride... Trust me your wedding will be here b4 you know it :-) x

#3005 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thank you!  It makes a girl feel good to hear compliments like that :-)

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis 

Beautiful Dress!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the ruffles!!!

#3006 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

wow...I love the ruffles, the dress is so romantic!

Now I want a dress with ruffles too! hahahaha

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3007 carrieb258

carrieb258
            • 216 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

That is a totally stunning dress and you look gorgeous in it, you must be so pleased you have it sorted.

#3008 erinbrooke124

erinbrooke124
              • 282 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Lovely dress!  It will be so perfect!

June 14, 2011 <3
                Photographer:Sascha Gluck
                Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
                Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
                Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests

#3009 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

wow...I love the ruffles, the dress is so romantic!

Now I want a dress with ruffles too! hahahaha

Haha... What was it you said the other day about getting one of everything you liked .... you'll be having a good few wedding dresses at this rate!!! :-) x

#3010 cgeris

cgeris
                  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

My hair is curly as well- but i have a short haircut (longer in the front, short in the back) so I'm unfortunately limited in the updo's I can pull off.  Any ideas for short curly hair updo's? I'm getting married in Cancun 2/19/11 and as much as I like my hair down, I have a feeling it's not going to stay in place and will be blowing around everywhere on the beach! Not cute for pics!

Originally Posted by Nan 

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ashley1316 

i am so stuck as to just what to do with my hair. i am getting married in punta cana, and if i remember correctly from being there 2 yrs ago, my hair didnt want to do anything! i tried to curly it, it would fall. i dont know i want it down either cause it will be july and HOT. so torn.

I love the flower peices thou. so i wanna try something with that.

My hair is curly so it goes wild when there´s humidity, that´s why  I´m having a professional do it for me. A casual updo or something to keep it away from my face.I

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users