Any 2011 Brides out there?

Thank you! I've had my ring for nearly 6yr's now so needs a good clean up! I would like a white gold band with diamonds in for my wedding ring I think...

AishaB - Your dress is lovely!

Nicyx - WOW you have a bargin there. My dress was £1450 (over $2000). I budgeted £1000 for my dress but i fell in love with it and went for it. I would have been over the moon and jumping for joy if i'd got a bargin like you have! What a great find!

I am having the train made shorter as it's too long for me really.

Click the image to open in full size.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I would have started losing weight a long time ago when I first said I would. lol I wanna go get me a dress!!! but i'm going to weight..at least until I lose another 20-30lbs. I know I can do it!!! I wanna show my ring...but there was a little situation with that...and it's MIA...so we have to get another one. I'm not really into round diamonds and he and I both like different styles of rings so more than likely it will be less expensive than the traditional rings.

WOW beautiful dresses, AishaB and Michelle, now I really wanna start look for my dress!

My plan is to wait til summer, then get some tan and try on dresses. I live in a winter wonderland, so I am not motivated to walk in -10C from shop to shop, trying on dresses.

I work in the financials industry, yes those who brought the whole economy to the brink, I have no problem on spurge on my rings, I see them as long term investment. However, I have difficulties to spurge on a dress that...I wear for 1 day, and I wanna do a TTD session. I love to watch Say Yes to the Dress for all the drama, but $10K for a puffy dress that makes the bride looks a mashmellow or a Micheline man...no thx.

I found a site with dressmakers from China, they can duplicate designer dresses for $120-$200. I know it is risky, but hey..$120 is worth a try for a designer style, custom made dress.

My parents don't wear their rings because of their jobs ( I never seen their rings), and still very in love with each others. I don't think wearing a wedding band guarantees a good marriage. Love comes from the heart, not from a diamond.

cjb0arder13 ... Cant wait to see your pics :-) $2 per invite seems reasonable to me... if you went out and bought them im sure they'd be much more expensive, and also doing them this way it makes them more personal which i think is lovely and one of the reasons i decided to make mine :-)

Michelle, your dress is just so stunning. Ive never really been into the big weddng dresses but yours just makes me want to stare at it... I love how it looks on the waist and love how the skirt it two tonned (If thats what you'd call it)

I know what you mean about a good clean up with the ring though (not that I can tell with yours) Ive had mine just over 8 years and my eternity ring nearly 8 years... Ive cleaned it myself but never had it done professionally, i will prob get it done nearer to the wedding though as after the wedding when worn together i want all of them to look nice and shiney together :-)

Mischaka... Im a bit like your really im looking at loosing weight aswell (About 18 pounds) but its so much easier said than done. I think for me anyway it would be better to loose at least a bit of weight first before ordering the dress that way less alterations (Hopefully). Good luck with your weight loss and I love the " im going to do it" attitude because that is so so important... let us know how you get on :-)

The light nights are atarting to creep in now so im going to start running when i get home from work for half hour a day so that i hope will help. and as soon as the wedding is booked my exercise bike and stepper will be coming back out if there was ever an incentive then i think a beach wedding is it.... i know im putting off the stepper etc but when the wedding is booked it will feel more real ten... and i have no choice if i dont want to look and be uncomfortable on our big day....

Sorry for the essay!!!!!

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
I work in the financials industry, yes those who brought the whole economy to the brink

I love to watch Say Yes to the Dress for all the drama

I found a site with dressmakers from China, they can duplicate designer dresses for $120-$200. I know it is risky, but hey..$120 is worth a try for a designer style, custom made dress.
Prettypigpig... I work in the financial industry too!!!! For my sins!!!!

Ive heard of say yes to the dress a few times on here but have never had the pleasure..... haha

Like you the dress site i found is based in china aswell and i figure chancing it for €138 is worth it as ive read more good stories than bad so im going to take the risk as i want my dress so much!!!

x

I've already started losing the weight (Thank God!!) I do believe it's 10 or 11lbs down already. (whoooo hoooo!!) I know the dress style I want and I do believe that it will look nice on me but I just want to make sure. I'm gonna order mine online but after I try on some dresses. I just want to be able to give the dress maker more accurate measurements. Not to mention I plan on being a 2 or 3 dress bride. lol

I have my STD's ready to be printed. I'm just debating on my paper. I have my cardstock paper but I think I want the glossy paper. and I need to get my hole puncher and ribbons and my perforator. oh goodness!! I need to get started on this right away. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
That ring is gooorgeous! It looks really similar to mine. I'm like you...I didn't want a big diamond sticking out catching on things (plus, I'm klutzy so I know I'd get it caught on EVERYTHING or poke my eye out with it or something).

What I think I'm going to do is get a really thin diamond eternity band on either side of it. I have to try it out to see how it looks, and I haven't decided if I want the diamonds to go all the way around or just to where they stop on my engagement ring, but I think it will make it look like a wide® diamond band.

I loveee the eternity bands idea!! I will have to go look at them. My only things- is that my sister in law had a band that the diamonds went all the way around and she traded it in because she said the diamonds rubbing on her middle finger and pinky finger got really irritating. She developed little scabs inbetween her fingers. I wonder if she just had sensitive skin or if she didnt give her self enough time to get used to it. Anyone ever have this problemhuh.gif?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischaka View Post
I've already started losing the weight (Thank God!!) I do believe it's 10 or 11lbs down already. (whoooo hoooo!!) I know the dress style I want and I do believe that it will look nice on me but I just want to make sure. I'm gonna order mine online but after I try on some dresses. I just want to be able to give the dress maker more accurate measurements. Not to mention I plan on being a 2 or 3 dress bride. lol

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! If anything, I have been gaining weight grrrr! I am looking for my first house so between house hunting, figuring out the wedding, and looking for a new car (my lease is up in a month) -- chocolate has just looked better than ever lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischaka View Post
I've already started losing the weight (Thank God!!) I do believe it's 10 or 11lbs down already. (whoooo hoooo!!)
Not to mention I plan on being a 2 or 3 dress bride. lol

I have my STD's ready to be printed. I'm just debating on my paper. I have my cardstock paper but I think I want the glossy paper. and I need to get my hole puncher and ribbons and my perforator. oh goodness!! I need to get started on this right away. lol
Well done you :-) Thats a fantastic weight loss x

2/3 dress bride... I love it.

Oooooo, Hope we can have a nosey at your STD's when they are done? blush2.gif

x