Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#2631 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Oooooo, Michelle, hope you find out who, what, where, when asap.... there is nothing worse than not knowing.... xox

#2632 kristamarie

kristamarie
    • 104 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Question,  my mom is a young mother and she looks great.  My question is what should she wear?  All the mother of the bride dresses are so "old lady-ish".  At since we are getting married on the beach I want her to wear something cute, but classy...any suggestions?

Oh she is giving me away.  I should have added that in there.

#2633 jesscampbell410

jesscampbell410
      • 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

I would first look online at some stuff.  Just because your mom is a young mom you dont want her to feel "older" haha! I would stay classy AND in HER style!

#2634 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

My mom is young and giving me away too! Let me know what you come up with? I'm thinking about something with the one shoulder style - you shoould choose something that flatters her figure, maybe look at bridesmaids dresses

Originally Posted by kristamarie 

Question,  my mom is a young mother and she looks great.  My question is what should she wear?  All the mother of the bride dresses are so "old lady-ish".  At since we are getting married on the beach I want her to wear something cute, but classy...any suggestions?

#2635 abbie32

abbie32
          • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

Is everyone getting some good rates for your travel? I'm getting married on April 6th, 2011 at the Gran Bahia Principe Resort. The quotes I'm getting from my TA are a lot higher than we thought. She is saying they are group rates but not much cheaper than just getting the ticket yourself online.

Is anyone using group rates or booking individually? Is anyone waiting till the Fall to see if the prices will come down?  I just want to book my trip NOW! haha

I'm also trying to figure out what resort to transfer to for our honeymoon. We are thinking El Dorado Seaside Suites....any suggestions??

#2636 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
            • 946 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

Hey Abbie32,

we're also having the same issue. We've had a couple group quotes and all have been more than what's online by about $200. We're still attempting the group rate thing b/c FI has family coming from the Prairies where it's always more expensive to travel from. In the end I think we'll end up all booking individually....I'm stressing b/c I want it booked NOW as well, but I feel like if we wait a little bit longer we'll get a better price! It's really a gamble!

I had a friend get married at one of the El Dorado properties and she LOVED it.

#2637 Nan

Nan
              • 599 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

I wouldn´t look for bride´s mothers dresses becuase they all look too fancy! I would look for a  cocktail dress and perhaps that will be more suitable for such a young looking mother! By the way my mum has started lookig for hers and she doesn´t like the mother´s stuff she finds everywhere!

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

My mom is young and giving me away too! Let me know what you come up with? I'm thinking about something with the one shoulder style - you shoould choose something that flatters her figure, maybe look at bridesmaids dresses

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#2638 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
                • 418 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Exact same problem!! My mum is only 43 and she looks about 33 ALL of the mother of the bride stuff is very "older lady"

I am looking at maid of honor dresses and/or cocktail dresses x

Originally Posted by kristamarie 

#2639 murmel

murmel
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 1,407 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Arrgghh our resort photographer has changed. Trying to find out what the new ones are like.... the investigation goes on.......

It's a destination wedding...so anything goes. Give her a color you might like her to wear (or colors), and then let her choose something she is comfortable in. I agree with the other girls, try cocktail dresses, or even a really nice summer dress. (really depends on how fancy/formal your wedding will be). Don't feel you have to do anything traditional!

Originally Posted by abbie32 

Is everyone getting some good rates for your travel? I'm getting married on April 6th, 2011 at the Gran Bahia Principe Resort. The quotes I'm getting from my TA are a lot higher than we thought. She is saying they are group rates but not much cheaper than just getting the ticket yourself online.

Is anyone using group rates or booking individually? Is anyone waiting till the Fall to see if the prices will come down?  I just want to book my trip NOW! haha

I'm also trying to figure out what resort to transfer to for our honeymoon. We are thinking El Dorado Seaside Suites....any suggestions??

We booked group rates for guests out of Toronto and Ottawa, about 15 months in advance. Our group rate was way cheaper than anything we could find online (but that might have more to do with our departure point). We have a bunch of guests from other parts of Canada and have done this:

1) get your TA to get you a good *land only rate* (ie cost for the hotel)

2) Westjet- call their group department and they offer a free code for you and your guests to use for an additional 10% off (not including seat sales and web deals). I know Westjet has direct flights to Cancun from Halifax and Moncton.

3) order private tranfers for your guests through Lomas tours (about $60 for a van that fits 6 passengers)

You could also try Westjet vacations and see if they might offer you a better package deal (but not sure if they offer your specific resort or not.)

Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

Hey Abbie32,

we're also having the same issue. We've had a couple group quotes and all have been more than what's online by about $200. We're still attempting the group rate thing b/c FI has family coming from the Prairies where it's always more expensive to travel from. In the end I think we'll end up all booking individually....I'm stressing b/c I want it booked NOW as well, but I feel like if we wait a little bit longer we'll get a better price! It's really a gamble!

I had a friend get married at one of the El Dorado properties and she LOVED it.

I also know Westjet has direct flights from Saskatoon, Vancouver and Calgary. So maybe the idea above might work for you as well. Good luck!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#2640 kristamarie

kristamarie
                  • 104 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Thanks ladies!  I'll let you know what we decide to go with!

Another question...has anyone sent e-vite save the dates? or is that tacky?  Thoughts???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users