Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#2091 klc52379

klc52379
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Not sure if anyone is looking for their Save the Dates still, but Wedding Paper Divas is having a really big sale! I had ordered about samples a few months ago, and we agreed on two. One of our choices was majorly on sale, and I got them for almost $50 cheaper than normal!

Attached Files

#2092 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
    • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by janapana
      Thankyou everyone..... what are your thoughts on strapless bras? I hate them usually, but think i´m going to need one under the frock. Trouble is they´re so uncomfortable, and they usually end up round my waist anyway. Anyone got an amazing magical bra to recommend?
      Have you considered having a seamstress sew bra cups into your dress? I was not sure about this idea at first because I was imaginging a thin lining sort of like on a bathing suit top -- and I need a lot more lift than that :-)

But I was actually pleasantly surprised by them. The cups I'm having sewn in are a thicker material, sort of like a VS push up bra.

I know this option may not give enough support for everyone, but it's worth looking into.

Otherwise, my go-to strapless bra is the Victoria Secret Plunge bra with detacheable straps (comes with regular and clear straps)

#2093 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
      • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by klc52379
        Not sure if anyone is looking for their Save the Dates still, but Wedding Paper Divas is having a really big sale! I had ordered about samples a few months ago, and we agreed on two. One of our choices was majorly on sale, and I got them for almost $50 cheaper than normal!
        Thanks for the tip-off. We picked out a bridal shower invite from Wedding Paper Divas a few weeks back. I am going to go check and see if it's on sale!

#2094 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bride2Be21
          Silly question maybe..how are some brides all set on a resort and wedding date if not officially booked yet? I ask bc Ive seen talk about prices not being out etc on their resort. Are they booking with just a deposit to a TA?
          Royal PDC and other REAL resorts do accept a $200 deposit to reserve wedding date, ceremony location and reception location. So I am set for Royal PDC, and will not book plane and room until Jan 2011!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2095 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by prettypigpig
            Ok girls, time to share some dresses and pics. My friend, who is getting married in July 2010, bought an authentic LaSposa sample dress for $1000 (reg $1750) last year, and then she ordered a knockoff San Patrick Palma (a mermaid)from Ebay for $270 including a 2m Mantilla veil with tulle and lace and shipping. Now, she loves the knockoff more than her LaSposa.
            This is the real San Patrick
            ok this is the first time i´ve tried posting a picture, hope it works..... this is the dress i´m planning to get married in.

Hi..Beth Anne here
            Just talked with wedding coordinator and I'm a bride to be January 17, 2011 at Dreams Riviera Cancun! The resort has phenomenal reviews and it is a 5 star rating- I spent alot of time choosing the right location and resort and also reading past travelers reviews, because thats really the only way you can get an idea. I'm so excited! Me and my fiance were on the fence about all the legal stuff required for a marriage in Mexico, and at first i was really against the idea of doing the court house at home and then just having the symbolic ceremony at the resort because we wanted our big day to feel like "our big day!!" But it turns out were both too squeemish about the required blood work (and clean needles in another country) and also we could save 800-1000 by doing it this way. We will go to the courthouse a few days before we leave and be very informal about it, we agreed to sign the papers, not kiss (shake on it instead) and not recite vows or exchange rings, that way the ceremony on the beach will feel like the real thing!
            So excited. Any other 2011 dreams Riviera Cancun brides? and how far along are you in your planning? I'm curious if its difficult to plan a wedding by e-mail! =(
            Welcome... Congrats, We debated about the blood test but it only takes about 2 mins to be done... but for us it woudnt even of saved us much $'s coming from the UK so hey we may as well go the whole shbang!!! :-)
            Look forward to getting to hear about your planning :-) x

Quote:
            Originally Posted by normamichelle
            Hello Ladies: I just found this thread and it has been SO helpful... I am fairly new on here and just made the reservation for my May 2011 wedding in Playa Del Carmen!! I have a question though since I'm sure you all have way more experience at this point... Does anyone know if it is better to use a DW travel agent? If so does anyone know a good one? THANKS :)
            Welcome & Congrats :-) Where have you booked.....
            Silly question maybe..how are some brides all set on a resort and wedding date if not officially booked yet? I ask bc Ive seen talk about prices not being out etc on their resort. Are they booking with just a deposit to a TA?
            Welcome xox

#2096 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

goodness ladies! I feel like I've been missing out because I haven't been on the last two days! Got some confirmation emails from my WC today, so I'm excited that it seems to be moving forward!

#2097 janapana

janapana
              • 591 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lindobride14
                Have you considered having a seamstress sew bra cups into your dress? I was not sure about this idea at first because I was imaginging a thin lining sort of like on a bathing suit top -- and I need a lot more lift than that :-)

But I was actually pleasantly surprised by them. The cups I'm having sewn in are a thicker material, sort of like a VS push up bra.

I know this option may not give enough support for everyone, but it's worth looking into.

Otherwise, my go-to strapless bra is the Victoria Secret Plunge bra with detacheable straps (comes with regular and clear straps)
                Thanks, will have a look at those on the internet too, found the maidenform ones and they work out about 22-24pounds which i can live with!
                cheers!

#2098 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by diamondpooch
                  goodness ladies! I feel like I've been missing out because I haven't been on the last two days! Got some confirmation emails from my WC today, so I'm excited that it seems to be moving forward!
                  WHOO, brilliant :-) Thats the next step for me, im just waiting and feel like im in limbo at the mo...
                  Fantastic news diamond x

We had our 1st lot of guests book today!! WHOO WHOO :-) My FSIL, her hubby and their baby....

so exciting, things are starting to seem more real now.

xox

#2099 janapana

janapana
                  • 591 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:16 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nicyx
                    whoo, brilliant :-) thats the next step for me, im just waiting and feel like im in limbo at the mo...
                    Fantastic news diamond x

we had our 1st lot of guests book today!! Whoo whoo :-) my fsil, her hubby and their baby....

So exciting, things are starting to seem more real now.

Xox
                    good times!!!!

#2100 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
                    • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BethAnne
                      So excited. Any other 2011 dreams Riviera Cancun brides? and how far along are you in your planning? I'm curious if its difficult to plan a wedding by e-mail! =(
                      Yipeeee!!! Another Dreams Riviera bride!!!!!!

I'm getting married there on 8/4/2011 Ana is a complete nightmare to get hold of but apparently once your there shes fab!

Welcome to the thread x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users