Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1771 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
  • Jr. Member
  • 456 posts

    Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

    We should create a list of the brides wedding dates in here....... That is if there isn't already one floating around?

    #1772 cjb0arder13

    cjb0arder13
    • Jr. Member
    • 310 posts

      Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
      I don't yet, but as soon as I do I will totally share with you. I am in love with Elizabeth Medina but I am displeased with the restrictions our resort is placing on outside vendors as far as fees and such. I don't know if I could justify her costs. Anywho, I will let you know as soon as I come across some goods........
      Hi Bigbop! I'm an Azul Beach bride as well (I've seen you on the Sensatori thread). Just wanted to let you know that Azul Beach doesn't allow any photographers from Mexico other than the ones they've contracted with (Caribe and the other dude). So...they won't even let you pay a $500 fee to have a photog from the Riviera Maya. Your only option is to bring someone from the US and have them stay a minimum of 3 nights.

      I think this is the LAMEST policy ever, but I wanted you to be aware so you're not surprised like I was.

      #1773 Nicyx

      Nicyx
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,914 posts

        Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

        i did one ages ago... i will hunt it out and re-post then add yourself that might be easier...... x

        #1774 bigboponthebeach

        bigboponthebeach
        • Jr. Member
        • 456 posts

          Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

          Thanks CJ and Nic..............

          We are actually thinking about changing our wedding venue/location because of the private vendor charge. I am disgusted that this was not disclosed to us until after we signed and paid our deposit. I don't like feeling hardballed and pressured into padding their pockets by using their "friends." Photography is something that is HIGH on my list, almost as high as the venue. I'm headed over to the TA threads to see if I can find us a TA who will provide a nice query of potential venues as opposed as someone who is just looking to book brides where their company will get a hefty kickback. I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer, I just don't want to be forced to select vendors I don't like. End rant......back to happy place. :-)

          #1775 Nicyx

          Nicyx
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,914 posts

            Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

            ok, here is a short list of 1 i did AGES ago.... lots have been deleted as they havent been around for months & months but are ALWAYS welcome back :-)
            Ive just added some of you on from the last few pages

            ******SORRY IF IVE MISSED ANYONE JUST ADD YOURSELF******

            CeeCee76 - Sun Palace - 11 Jan 2011
            fsuambs - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - 15 Jan 2011
            Lindobride14 - Iberostar Paraiso Lindo - 22 Jan 2011
            Linhy - TBC - 22 Jan 2011
            josietoms - Catalonia Riviera Maya - 24 Jan 2011
            cjb0arder13 - Azul Beach - 31 Jan 2011

            xcitedbride - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum - 08 Feb 2011
            Mischaka - TBC - 19 Feb 2011
            barbiegirl 27 - Dreams Tulum - 2 Feb 2011
            jrb - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - Feb 2011

            gingerlover36 - TBC - 26 March 2011

            margin123 - Dreams Villamagna - April 2011
            roxmysockz - Dreams Riviera Cancun - 08 April 2011

            Nicola - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - 06 May 2011
            michelle2011 - Barcelo Maya Palace - 28 May 2011
            mexbride83 - Ceiba del Mar - 28 May 2011
            bigboponthebeach - Azul Sensatori - 28 May 2011
            diamondpooch - Barcelo Maya Palace - 28 May 2011
            pinchem to roberts - Turks & Caicos - 28 May 2011
            rosieposie - TBC - May 2011

            erinbrooke124 - Royal Islander - 14 June 2011
            peterpanpixiedust- Dreams Cancun - 18 June 2011

            AishaB - TBC - 31 Dec 2011


            WOW I COUNT 5 OF YOU FOR 28TH MAY!!!!!! :-) xox

            #1776 bigboponthebeach

            bigboponthebeach
            • Jr. Member
            • 456 posts

              Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

              Awesome, thanks for the complilation Nic!!! It's great to see there is a May 2011 support group! :-)

              #1777 Nicyx

              Nicyx
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,914 posts

                Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

                It was hard to remember who, what, where & when (still is really as more and more are joining now) So i did this list a few months ago to try to help us.... just incase we have questions etc for someone at your resort... :-)
                We'll have to try and keep this updated.....

                xox

                #1778 gingerlover36

                gingerlover36
                • Newbie
                • 89 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nicyx
                  ok, here is a short list of 1 i did AGES ago.... lots have been deleted as they havent been around for months & months but are ALWAYS welcome back :-)
                  Ive just added some of you on from the last few pages

                  ******SORRY IF IVE MISSED ANYONE JUST ADD YOURSELF******

                  CeeCee76 - Sun Palace - 11 Jan 2011
                  fsuambs - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - 15 Jan 2011
                  Lindobride14 - Iberostar Paraiso Lindo - 22 Jan 2011
                  Linhy - TBC - 22 Jan 2011
                  josietoms - Catalonia Riviera Maya - 24 Jan 2011
                  cjb0arder13 - Azul Beach - 31 Jan 2011

                  xcitedbride - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum - 08 Feb 2011
                  Mischaka - TBC - 19 Feb 2011
                  barbiegirl 27 - Dreams Tulum - 2 Feb 2011
                  jrb - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - Feb 2011

                  gingerlover36 - Azul Beach - 26 March 2011

                  margin123 - Dreams Villamagna - April 2011
                  roxmysockz - Dreams Riviera Cancun - 08 April 2011

                  Nicola - Riu Palace Riviera Maya - 06 May 2011
                  michelle2011 - Barcelo Maya Palace - 28 May 2011
                  mexbride83 - Ceiba del Mar - 28 May 2011
                  bigboponthebeach - Azul Sensatori - 28 May 2011
                  diamondpooch - Barcelo Maya Palace - 28 May 2011
                  pinchem to roberts - Turks & Caicos - 28 May 2011
                  rosieposie - TBC - May 2011

                  erinbrooke124 - Royal Islander - 14 June 2011
                  peterpanpixiedust- Dreams Cancun - 18 June 2011

                  AishaB - TBC - 31 Dec 2011


                  WOW I COUNT 5 OF YOU FOR 28TH MAY!!!!!! :-) xox

                  I added AZul Beach for me :)

                  #1779 cjb0arder13

                  cjb0arder13
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 310 posts

                    Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
                    Thanks CJ and Nic..............

                    We are actually thinking about changing our wedding venue/location because of the private vendor charge. I am disgusted that this was not disclosed to us until after we signed and paid our deposit. I don't like feeling hardballed and pressured into padding their pockets by using their "friends." Photography is something that is HIGH on my list, almost as high as the venue. I'm headed over to the TA threads to see if I can find us a TA who will provide a nice query of potential venues as opposed as someone who is just looking to book brides where their company will get a hefty kickback. I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer, I just don't want to be forced to select vendors I don't like. End rant......back to happy place. :-)
                    I totally, completely, 100% understand your frustration, as I myself had a huge temper tantrum when I found out about it. In fact, my contract specifically says that I will pay a $500 fee for an outside vendor, but that they must be preapproved by the resort. There is NOTHING said about a minimum stay. Apparently, the resort doesn't approve anyone other than the two photogs they work with (who, let's be honest, take barely better-than-average photos).

                    I would say find the section of your contract the points this out, and see if you have better luck. Who is your WC at Azul Beach? You may have better luck with some than with others.

                    I will say that Azul Beach, from what I heard, is an amazing top-of-the line resort, and that the brides who have been married there don't regret the decision at all. I stuck with AB because of that.

                    Also want to point out that bringing someone from the states and paying for 3 nights stay may very well come out costing less than Elizabeth Medina would be charging...just something to think about. But I also understand that it's the principle of the matter, and super disgusting that they have that kind of policy in the first place.

                    #1780 bigboponthebeach

                    bigboponthebeach
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 456 posts

                      Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                      Hi Bigbop! I'm an Azul Beach bride as well (I've seen you on the Sensatori thread). Just wanted to let you know that Azul Beach doesn't allow any photographers from Mexico other than the ones they've contracted with (Caribe and the other dude). So...they won't even let you pay a $500 fee to have a photog from the Riviera Maya. Your only option is to bring someone from the US and have them stay a minimum of 3 nights.

                      I think this is the LAMEST policy ever, but I wanted you to be aware so you're not surprised like I was.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                      I totally, completely, 100% understand your frustration, as I myself had a huge temper tantrum when I found out about it. In fact, my contract specifically says that I will pay a $500 fee for an outside vendor, but that they must be preapproved by the resort. There is NOTHING said about a minimum stay. Apparently, the resort doesn't approve anyone other than the two photogs they work with (who, let's be honest, take barely better-than-average photos).

                      I would say find the section of your contract the points this out, and see if you have better luck. Who is your WC at Azul Beach? You may have better luck with some than with others.

                      I will say that Azul Beach, from what I heard, is an amazing top-of-the line resort, and that the brides who have been married there don't regret the decision at all. I stuck with AB because of that.

                      Also want to point out that bringing someone from the states and paying for 3 nights stay may very well come out costing less than Elizabeth Medina would be charging...just something to think about. But I also understand that it's the principle of the matter, and super disgusting that they have that kind of policy in the first place.
                      I'm so glad that someone understands my frustration. I know other brides have felt this way in the past.....but I haven't caught up enough on this thread yet to sense it. :-) I'm still on page #116 and they are still all concerned about the grand opening. :-)

                      It is just BEYOND frustration and I am a very free spirit and don't like to be restricted. I understand the need for insurance, liability, and work permits, but these restrictions are over the top. I can tell that they weren't made in our best interest but rather to maximize the profit of the resorts and hotels. I am by no means looking for a hand out or for anything free, and I am more than game to pay for all of the other ammenties of the resort, but the whole photographer thing just has my feathers ruffled! I won't be taking a DJ, a reception dinner, the flowers, or the centerpiece home with me.....but the photos, I will. So let ME pay for whom I choose. Grrrr.....it probably doesn't help that I'm totally PMS'ing. LOL

                      We read our contract and it states that we must pay $500 for an outside vendor. However, the photographer we love is not in the area, so we must pay for an overnight stay for her if we intend to utilize her services. It's a double edged sword that I must build a bridge and get over. Just not this afternoon. :-) LOL

                      We are contemplating relocating to another resort and forfeiting our deposit. I've been jumping around here and have read that MANY of the other resorts are imposing the same or similar fees, so we might just have to take this one on the chin and find positive energy in the other special selections.

                      We can support each other on this one. :-)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users