Any 2011 Brides out there?

Wow...i have been MIA for 2 and half days and there is so much to catch up on!!! Loving these Mermaid dresses but im and definatly one of those who would just look silly in that style.... They are gorgeous though :-)

Lindobride... Those shoes are just beautiful 2.

Michelle... Loving the bridesmaids dresses and definatly can wear them again what a bargain, you have a couple of lucky bridesmaids xox

As for the water.... When ever we go away we are used to drinking bottled water as opposed to tap water... as this is something we are advised where ever we go really...

Best bet is to just drink bottled water :-) and you cant go wrong.

Thanks AishaB.... Thanks for the comment on the photo :-)

mexbride83... YOU LOOK STUNNING (gorgeous figure) :-) You have such a lovely smile on your face to, i can see how happy you are in that dress, If your that happy in that one just wait til you get "yours" on x

I have only scanned through the post from the last few days and will have to go back and read properly :-)

Ok .... I will try to cut a long story short, but my absence the last few days is due to the fact the my FI has just been told that he will find out in 30 days if he is being made redundant... :-( I have been so so upset and worried as we have only just booked the wedding and now depending on what happens we may have to cancel... Please cross your fingers ladies that we get good news in 30 days and not the bad!!

Its been a really bad time for us the last week and can really really sympathize with Michelle.... as I know she has been through something pretty similar.... I must say though she has been a great help to me as she has let me bend her ear a few times on FB... She is a proper Honey :-)

Anyway... there isnt alot we can do for 30 days now so to try and keep my spirits up im just going to plan as normal... and hope for the best, Just not make the purchases i wanted until we know where we stand.... xox

Nicola x

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexbride...your dress is simple and elegant!

Nicola, I am sorry to hear that! I will send you and your FI positive vibes for the next 30 days! I've been thru that (uncertainty and out of my control situation) in Oct-Nov 2008, when 1/2 of my office floor went empty in 2 months, and some people didn't even say a proper goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbride83 View Post
LOVE those shoes Lindobride!!! Nordstrom Rack is the greatest. Since moving to AL for grad school, I've really missed itsad.gif That and Lohmann's were always my shoe shopping places.

My friend sent me pics of me in the dress! The sample was actually a size too small on me (it had actually been a cancellation), so my dress won't have all those crease marks in the front, it'll lay more flat. I'm also having it made with a sweetheart neckline instead. I can't wait to see it, it comes in in January!
Click the image to open in full size.

You look lovely - and just think YOUR dress will look even better! You look so happy - im really pleased for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Ok .... I will try to cut a long story short, but my absence the last few days is due to the fact the my FI has just been told that he will find out in 30 days if he is being made redundant... :-( I have been so so upset and worried as we have only just booked the wedding and now depending on what happens we may have to cancel... Please cross your fingers ladies that we get good news in 30 days and not the bad!!
Its been a really bad time for us the last week and can really really sympathize with Michelle.... as I know she has been through something pretty similar.... I must say though she has been a great help to me as she has let me bend her ear a few times on FB... She is a proper Honey :-)

Anyway... there isnt alot we can do for 30 days now so to try and keep my spirits up im just going to plan as normal... and hope for the best, Just not make the purchases i wanted until we know where we stand.... xox

Nicola x
I feel for you i really do as i know you have waited to book for so long - we are living in really horrible times and i think everyone has been affected one way or another. I have avoided redundancy at my work on 2 redundancy culls in the last 2 years and have had to take a 10% pay cut - so i take each day as it comes and try and save as much money as i can - as the company i work for is in the construction industry so is still struggling - sending you lots of hugs and good vibes - everything crossed for you. xoxoxoxo

Thank you all for the compliments:) I cannot wait to see my dress next year!

Nicola - I am so so very sorry to hear your news! That is just so terrible, and especially to now have to wait 30 days to now whether its good or bad news. I can't imagine that wait. I will be crossing my fingers for you and hoping that the news comes out good. Will your fiance be looking for another job in the meantime, or just waiting it out?

These economic times are terrible. My fiance was supposed to be getting out of the Army (neither of us wants to go through another 12-15 month deployment... he's already done two!), but the economy is so bad that we couldn't risk him leaving his income, insurance, etc and risk him not finding a job. It's terrible when you end up choosing to go to a war zone for another year just to keep the security of a paycheck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Wow...i have been MIA for 2 and half days and there is so much to catch up on!!! Loving these Mermaid dresses but im and definatly one of those who would just look silly in that style.... They are gorgeous though :-)
Lindobride... Those shoes are just beautiful 2.
Michelle... Loving the bridesmaids dresses and definatly can wear them again what a bargain, you have a couple of lucky bridesmaids xox

As for the water.... When ever we go away we are used to drinking bottled water as opposed to tap water... as this is something we are advised where ever we go really...
Best bet is to just drink bottled water :-) and you cant go wrong.

Thanks AishaB.... Thanks for the comment on the photo :-)

mexbride83... YOU LOOK STUNNING (gorgeous figure) :-) You have such a lovely smile on your face to, i can see how happy you are in that dress, If your that happy in that one just wait til you get "yours" on x

I have only scanned through the post from the last few days and will have to go back and read properly :-)

Nicola x
Awww chick i really feel for you! I wouldn't wish it on anybody! We are having a run of bad luck but i'm hoping the next half of the yr will be better than the first! From Jan everything for us started going down hill and the not knowing is the worst part. I have been the positive one in our relationship and FI has been really down about it all but it got to me the other day and i broke down. Cried and cried and cried like a baby till i had a banging headache! (FI was in shock i'm normally a very strong person) It's so cruel that our dream weddings might be taken away from us! Today i'm back to thinking positive. Nicy i'm sure you will to have up and down days and having to wait 30days is torture! I have everything crossed for you and wishing you all the good luck i can in your FI keeping his job! He has to be one of the lucky ones!! And i'm always here if you need to talk i bend your ear enough ;o) xxxx

Well after finding out the only TA we know to do our hotel is no longer doing our hotel!AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Just more bad luck! We are now trying to get it through Caribbean Warehouse! They are waiting on hotel rates and will get back to me when they have them. So fingers x'd it's not more bad news for us! I think once Mexico is booked (if the price is right) our luck will turn and it will all be OK! xxxx

Thank you everyone.... Awww, mexbride, thats awful.... having to choose the war zone again.... Just goes to show what kind of world were all living in :-(

I just have to keep thinking things will pick and get better and this is just a blip in our lives to make us stronger.... Yes Stephen wil be looking for jobs in the mean time... we can afford to sit it out to be honest, just incase.

Josie, wow you have been through it aswell... twice in 2 yeras :-( So you have certainly felt the blow too.

OK, OK positive vibes for all of us going through a rough patch... IT WILL WORK OUT :-)

Back to wedding planning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im off work for 9 days now..... im sure im going to be glued to the net getting wedding ideas etc :-) I will have square eyes by the time i go back to work... lol x

xoxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
josietoms-

I am done so far with planning:

1. Wedding dress
2. Invites (sent out)
3. Wedding shoes
4. Resort locked down and put done our deposit
5. photographer
6. welcome letter
5. Dinner menu is already selected
6. Tequila tasting is all setup for Sunday evening
7. Got welcome bags already
8. cocktail hour menu selected already
9. bought honeymoon outfits and already know what to bring like dresses and flip flops
usually I like to buy things ahead of time if I think they are cute and at a reasonable price and know they won't go out of fashion.
10. selected group activties

What I haven't done yet is:
1. Engagement pictures that will be in Sept.
2. Our wedding bands
3. fiance still need his suit
4. I need to find a cocktail dress for friday evening and another one for
after the reception so after party.
5. need my dress altered soon but not until late summer because I already have my dress with me.
6. Jewelry
Girl you are workin it! I agree with getting as much as possible out of the way earlier. It makes the months leading up to the wedding far more less stressful. I FINALLY went for my measurements on Thursday sooooo so far:

1) Had a wedding monogram logo designed for us
2) Ordered personalized water bottle labels with the logo on it
3) Have my OOT bag vendor picked out (who also designed our logo which the OOT bags will also have)
4) Sent out the STD's
5) Got our Personlized Lip Balm for the OOt bags
6) Got our Glass Beach Photo Coasters for the Table Favors
7) Have Bridesmaids dresses ordered
7) oh yes and ordered my wedding gown

Still have plenty to do though. But once I officially started receiving stuff and picked out and ordered my gown it feels more real LOL Slowly but surely its coming together :-)

I'm dying to go to Tahiti. I had my eye on Bora Bora but it was CRAZY expensive so its not in the cards for us with the wedding and all. But it looks GORGEOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbride83 View Post
LOVE those shoes Lindobride!!! Nordstrom Rack is the greatest. Since moving to AL for grad school, I've really missed itsad.gif That and Lohmann's were always my shoe shopping places.

My friend sent me pics of me in the dress! The sample was actually a size too small on me (it had actually been a cancellation), so my dress won't have all those crease marks in the front, it'll lay more flat. I'm also having it made with a sweetheart neckline instead. I can't wait to see it, it comes in in January!

Awww you look gr8!