Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1621 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

I’m catching up too, so much to say. You ladies have been so chatty, while I’ve been studying for my final. I got an 89 on my final, so I got an A for the class. LOL First off, Welcome all the new brides! Yeah!

I’m still debating over the photographer thing. I thought the resort photographer was more economical, but after reviewing some other posts on this site and some outside photographers are just as economical. Plus my uncle wants to take photos and for an amateur he’s pretty good. It really is annoying how the resorts don’t allow outside photographers without costing us brides money. They should provide better photographers. LOL

I don’t mind the Mexican wedding script; it’s a small part of the ceremony. I say as in Mexico do as the Mexicans. I’m fairly religious so I want to add more prayers and religious references in the ceremony. The same goes for having a legal ceremony. FI does not want to get married here first and then in Mexico. I agree. Arriving early, taking a blood test and having a marriage license translated is not too much of a hassle for us.

I’m trying to lose about 10lbs. FI doesn’t want me to lose anything because he loves my figure. FI is still looking for a suit to wear. He has a linen suit, but he doesn’t know if he wants to wear it.

I pray that everyone gets through these hard economic times. Just think about your upcoming wedding, it always takes my stress away.
    ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#1622 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
    • 235 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by margin123
      Josie - hilarious description lol....I'm going to put my deposit next week on the Pronovias Gaudi dress..its got some mexican flavor !
      Pronovias Wedding Dresses - Style Gaudi [Gaudi] : Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, and Designer Wedding Dresses
      I love this dress and I bet it looks good on.
      ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#1623 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lindobride14
        I totally hit the jackpot and finally found the shoes on Monday. Just snapped a few quick pics with my iphone. (Sorry about the photo quality).

These are lovely - v cute!
        Josie x

#1624 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
        • 946 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:14 AM

Oh my goodness! Those shoes are gorgeous! Great deal too! I think they're worth almost knocking someone over for...I know I would have done the same thing! lol

#1625 margin123

margin123
          • 204 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Those shoes.Amazing. I'm stressed out about shoes because I see all the *fabulous* ones on the forum that ladies are buying, yet I am destined for flats so I don't sink. *sigh*

#1626 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Hey Nicola, I love your new couples pic. Very beautiful!
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#1627 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
              • 279 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for all the shoe love!!!

Margin, if you really want heels, you can change into them for your reception - just an idea!

#1628 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lindobride14
                  Mexbride- thanks for tip on that shoe website. Definitely going to keep that in mind for my BM's shoes. And pretty fabulous that you're rocking Louboutins!

I totally hit the jackpot and finally found the shoes on Monday. Just snapped a few quick pics with my iphone. (Sorry about the photo quality)

Click the image to open in full size.

Found them at Nordstrom Rack in the designer section for a cool $109!! In the photo they almost look a very pale light blue, but they're actually silver.

It was a total Jerry Seinfeld marble rye moment. I spotted the only pair from down the aisle and all but pryed them out of this woman's hands. OK I'm embellishing, but I did almost knock someone over.
                  I would kill for these shoes!! mouhahaha...
                  they are nice!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1629 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
                  • 310 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Yep, lindobride....those shoes are hot hot hot! Seriously love them. I'm terrible on heels, so it's barefoot for me (during the ceremony) and then some fantastic sparkly flip flops during the reception

#1630 mexbride83

mexbride83
                    • 309 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

LOVE those shoes Lindobride!!! Nordstrom Rack is the greatest. Since moving to AL for grad school, I've really missed it That and Lohmann's were always my shoe shopping places.

My friend sent me pics of me in the dress! The sample was actually a size too small on me (it had actually been a cancellation), so my dress won't have all those crease marks in the front, it'll lay more flat. I'm also having it made with a sweetheart neckline instead. I can't wait to see it, it comes in in January!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users