• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1301 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
    I would never have thought of Truro, but i've tried all the salons locally and they are all too much dress, or too much beading! A co-worker suggested to my sis-in-law the one in Truro and one in Sackville.

I'm sure your dress will turn out beautifully!! I can't wait for you to get it!
    I hope so - its fun to try them on to though so Truro should be fun. Sackville is definitely closer to us but as long as you find something you end up liking Truro is worth the trip. I orginally planned on going to Montreal or Toronto before I came across this site so hopefully that will be unnecessary now lol
    http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#1302 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
    • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lindobride14
      FurtureMrsRobart-

OMG, I LOVE your dress -- it's absolutely stunning. I'm a big fan of the one shoulder! Congrats on scratching such a significant thing off your list :)
      Thanks hun - funny because I always pictured myself in completely strapless but all the gowns that i looked at from the time I got engaged the one strap/asymmetrical gowns so I am definitely a fan of that design too. They seem to be hot of the runway this season. LOVE it!

#1303 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart
        Ok here goes lol

Attempt 1 at posting 'the dress'

Click the image to open in full size.
        WOW beautiful dress! did you order it from HDgate?
        I was so busy for the past few days due to risk committee meetings and other projects.
        Today, I put a deposit for the engagement shots photographer, Cecilia Dumas, and my wedding photographer, Sasha Gluck.
        Therefore...Hotel wedding spot, reception spot BOOKED, photographers BOOKED, on site inspection BOOKED, STDs SENT!!! yeah~~~
        Of course still have to find my dress!
        My sisters already picked their BM dresses.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1304 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by prettypigpig
          I was so busy for the past few days due to risk committee meetings and other projects.
          Today, I put a deposit for the engagement shots photographer, Cecilia Dumas, and my wedding photographer, Sasha Gluck.
          Therefore...Hotel wedding spot, reception spot BOOKED, photographers BOOKED, on site inspection BOOKED, STDs SENT!!! yeah~~~
          Bonnie-

Congrats! you have a quite a bit done. You are way ahead of the game.

What resort did you choose? Sascha Gluck is in our top three photographers too. He does very nice work & competitively priced.

#1305 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
          • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by prettypigpig
            No but I did come across that site as well. I went with Leah at foryoudresses.com, just because she had more testimonials and sent me all kinds of previous work she had done. I found her super professional - so I have to go and measured by a pro-seamstress as per her request (in 10 different places at that lol), send that info to her and then I'm looking at about 1.5 months from then til I should get the dress. I love, love LOVE that short white dress. Is that for your bridesmaids? That is HOTT! Very chic :-)

#1306 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Lindobride,
              We picked the Royal Playa Del Carmen, because it is located right on Playa Del Carmen, so we can save on cab if we wanna go clubbing or shopping. Its sister resort is next door, so guests on budget or with kids can stay there and come over for my wedding.

Sascha Gluck is great, similar style as Elizabeth Medina (of course her pics are very stylish and nice too, but it was over my budget), my god brother is a pro-photographer too, we picked Sascha after going thru a lot of portfolio and price/quality comparison. Ivan Luckies is good and very very good price too, but for $1000 more I would prefer Sascha, because I prefer his takes on light and contrast. Del Sol too was on my list, but again they are a bit over my budget. As life continues after wedding, I can't really too overspend.

Bonnie

#1307 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Thx FutureMrsRobart! Actually my sis picked that dress, because they aren't tall (but want to look tall, so long dress was out of consideration), and they are size 0 flat chest, so they want to get something to create an illusion. hahaha
                I will definately check on the Leah's site.

Bonnie

#1308 cowgirlcomo

cowgirlcomo
                • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

Im a 2011 bride also! Undecided still, but I really like Ceiba del Mar in Puerto Morales:) Anybody have any info or reviews on that hotel?? Or any suggestions on any great all-inclusive in mexico

#1309 cowgirlcomo

cowgirlcomo
                  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

Hi, I am also very interested in Ceiba Del Mar, would you mind telling me what rates you got for next year, I am looking for June 2011. Thank you.

#1310 michelle2011

michelle2011
                    • 1,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:59 AM

Nicy - love those shoes! I think you really have got to go with what you are comfortable with. I am wearing high shoes for ceremony etc and then i am taking flats with me too! Plus i'll need the high ones for the AHR!

Bonnie - love your BM dresses! I can't wait to go BM dress shopping! I am thinking i might put my sister in ivory like me and then Kate and Laura in pink. My sister is "bigger" than the other girls and very concious of it so i think this might make her feel more comfortable. I'm going to talk to her about it when she gets back from the US. She is stuck out there due to the Ash cloud and UK airports shutting :o(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users