Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
Well thats a little better than lol At least it was personal choice not poor craftmanship - I was like ok I guess I'll be doing the write-off option LOL I will definitely keep you posted. I didn't even think about Truro for dress shopping. I'll keep that in mind if the dress scenario turns into a fiasco :-s lol
I would never have thought of Truro, but i've tried all the salons locally and they are all too much dress, or too much beading! A co-worker suggested to my sis-in-law the one in Truro and one in Sackville.

I'm sure your dress will turn out beautifully!! I can't wait for you to get it!

I'd like to introduce my two bridesmaids. Kate (left) and Laura (right)!! We had a big group hug and they are over the moon with excitment! Was a really lovely moment!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Yay! Congrats, Michelle! Feels great, doesn't it?

I just spoke to my friend Kira yesterday. . . I'd been meaning to ask her to be a BM, just hadn't gotten around to it. Although we've been extremely close friends since the 4th grade and further, she's asked me to be MOH in her wedding (no date set yet), you'd think asking her would be a no-brainer.

Well, the thing is she and her fiance have some serious financial issues, they haven't even started saving for their own wedding yet, they have a 2 year old daughter, etc. While I knew she'd absoutely try her best to come, I highly doubted she'd actually be able to come.

Well, I asked her yesterday and she said she's definitely in!! She said they'll find a way to make it work no matter what!

So her and I are going to a wedding expo together on Sunday (more to help her get started planning than for me since it's all local vendors) and then to House of Brides to try on the BM dress afterward! SO excited!!

Awww thanx girlies it has been a real boost! I am so chuffed they are coming and the thought of them being by my side on my wedding day just gets me choked! It's really made my day!

Lindobride - that is lovely news! She is a true friend if she has said no matter how she is going to be at your wedding, how lovely is that!! I hope you have a lovely weekend with your friend and have fun dress shopping!! I can't wait to do that with my girls! I think i'm going to wait a couple of months and start looking in the summer! I'm just glad i know they are coming! Yes it is a great feeling!

FutureMrsRobart.... 1 word..... BEAUTIFUL :-)

Michelle... Arrrrr, I am so so pleased for you, what fab girlies you have :-) I bet they were so made up when you asked them and i bet its so made your week, after a rough start, I totally agree with FutureMrsRobart, definatly a HOTTIE bridal party :-) I really am so made up for you grouphug.gif

Lindobride14... Thats is also geat news, fab, things are looking up for all. Arrrrr, i bet your over the moon. You will have a fab sunday, bet you cant wait :-) I agree with Michelle she definatly is a true friend xox

Ladies im really am so so pleased for you, it really is great news :-)

Im having another shoes dilema.... think im just going to go basic now for my reception shoes... I have found these today for £10 in Marks & Spencers

I think these will do the trick and they are a fraction of the price... I still LOVE the other shoes so may still get em, but i dont think id ever wear em again and these i definatly would.....

xoxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Im having another shoes dilema.... think im just going to go basic now for my reception shoes... I have found these today for £10 in Marks & Spencers

I think these will do the trick and they are a fraction of the price... I still LOVE the other shoes so may still get em, but i dont think id ever wear em again and these i definatly would.....

xoxox
I think these are great i got my BM shoes from M&S - i like these as they are simple - but they cry beach wedding in a good way. Especially if you are looking for a relaxed 'typical' beach wedding look. Personally i say go with these as i like this look a lot more than some of the formal shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
I think these are great i got my BM shoes from M&S - i like these as they are simple - but they cry beach wedding in a good way. Especially if you are looking for a relaxed 'typical' beach wedding look. Personally i say go with these as i like this look a lot more than some of the formal shoes.
Thank you, you have helped put my mind at rest :-) I also just spoke to FI and he says he prefers these too, much along the same lines as why you like em :-)
I just know that the shoes will be the first of many things im going to change my mind about over the next 12 months!!! Haha :-)

Really glad i bought these now :-) & to be honest these will prob be slightly more comfortable, What are you BM shoes like? do you have pics xox