Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1231 becks1581

becks1581
  • Jr. Member
  • 477 posts

    Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

    Thanks for all of the sweet comments about my dress. I can't wait to wear it and am excited to almost me at the one year mark!

    Welcome Jen! I had a hard time picking my resort too. I'm using TA Jill from the forum and she was really helpful in coming up with an edited list. I also felt like family members weren't very helpful because they just thought everything was nice and pretty much the same (and didn't seem to share my obsession with the details!).
    We picked The Royal in Playa del Carmen at first but now it looks like we'll choose Hacienda Tres Rios. The Royal seems great but never gave us that private, intimate feeling that we wanted for the wedding. We're going to Mexico this May to make our final decision and sort out some of the details.

    Mexbride- Have you looked at the Ramona Keveza Legends Collection? I just saw one of their new dresses that was fit and flare/ lace. It looks soooo pretty!

    #1232 jenniketchup

    jenniketchup
    • Newbie
    • 13 posts

      Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

      Cjb0arder- I am actually doing Weight Watchers right now, I started in January and love it. I got my mom and friend to join too! I love it because I am so busy that I don't always have time to work out for like a month, and I still lose weight because I am eating right!

      becks1581 - I will have to look at both of those places. We are mostly concerned with the cost to guests b/c alot of our friends are planning their own weddings right now and we want as many there as we can get. The other problem is, I love all the either 6 star resorts or adults only and I want children to be there. Haha. I am also detail oriented. I am trying to be patient! I'm glad to hear that other brides feel the same way! I just wish we could afford to go check out the resorts first before booking them! Good luck in May and I hope you find everything you are looking for!!!

      #1233 prettypigpig

      prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

        Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by becks1581
        Oh man, I totally agree...that guy would NEVER let his wife hear him say that. These guys would probably have a different tune if they were the ones that had to go through pregnancy. (Although I admit that I did laugh when I read his comment).

        P90X...I did plyometrics and abs last night and I'm totally feeling it today. I guess I should expect that from something called 'Ab Ripper'!

        Mexbride--You're right, the Priscilla in Tyson's is pretty limited. I actually found my dress at their store in Orlando where my family lives. It was huge and amazing. I tried on a Bliss dress at Hannelore's, the organza in the dress was really light and felt great for a DW.

        Here's my dress...it's lace with tulle at the bottom. Picking lace was a surprise for me:
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Amazing dress!

        Bonnie

        Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


        #1234 prettypigpig

        prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

          Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mexbride83
          Prettypigpig - wait, weren't you the one who said you can't drink milk because you're lactose intolerant?? but you're eating haagen daz ice cream? tisk tisk... but at least you're getting your calcium and vitamin D! :)

          Funny story actually, with all the weight loss talk... So my fiance's MARRIED coworker just found out I'm a dietitian, and said to him "smart man, marrying a dietitian" and my fiance asked "why's that?" Coworker: "Because the only difference between a girlfriend and a wife is 30 pounds" My fiance thought that was hilarious, and I was thinking that if I was that man's wife I would kill him for saying that!
          LOL! Mexbride, I am very conscious about my lactose problem, so I have Lactaid pills with me all the time! Unlike my FI, who is also lactose intolerant, but would eat cheese, poutines, and other stuffs without any considerations!

          Bonnie

          Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


          #1235 michelle2011

          michelle2011
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,301 posts

            Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

            Hello to all the newbies!! I agree with the other brides. Finding the perfect resort was the by far the hardest part! It took me and my FI/Friend months to decide. But once you have it's a great feeling!! Good luck with making your short list! Most of the hotels are beautiful along the Riviera Maya which makes it harder too :o) We are going to Barcelo Maya Palace! There are 5 hotels on site all suitable for different budgets. It is kid friendly and they also have an adults only part, so something for everyone ;o)

            Weight watchers is great. My sister MOH is doing it. She has lost 19lb so far since christmas! Well done to you all!

            #1236 michelle2011

            michelle2011
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,301 posts

              Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

              Oh and my shoes have come! They are lovely!!! Will post pic's later ;o)

              #1237 Nicyx

              Nicyx
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,914 posts

                Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                Welcome Jenn! Yes, the people on this site are fabulous...not sure what I'd do without all the great advice!

                Picking your resort is honestly going to be THE hardest part about this whole shebang. I literally searched and researched and was online pretty much non-stop for 4 months before I finally settled on one. The best thing I can recommend is to contact a travel agent. If you don't already have one, there are great TAs on this site (see banner) who know all the ins and outs of destination weddings. Tell the TA your wants/needs, and have them give you a pro and con list, and approximate price. That, for me, was what finally settled it.
                Good luck!!
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by michelle2011
                Hello to all the newbies!! I agree with the other brides. Finding the perfect resort was the by far the hardest part! !
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by michelle2011
                Oh and my shoes have come! They are lovely!!! Will post pic's later ;o)
                Welcome to the new brides, look forward to getting to chat with you :-)

                I agree with cjb0arder13 & Michelle, The hardest part is choosing the resort, it took us 7 months and 3 countries before we finally decided on a resort... but then we are a very undecisive couple :-) And as the girls say, its definatly the best feeling when you do find your resort :-)

                Ooooo, Michelle cant wait to see your shoe.... Ive had a quick look the last few days but nothing stands out!!! I think this is one that is going to drive me mad.... Look forward to your "Flash" :-)

                I tried weight watchers last year fron April to about October and I loved it at first the weight was coming of slow but steady but then i went from loosing 2 pound one week putting on the next then lossing a pound and putting back on the next, i just dont know what i was doing wrong?!
                I have actually started it again myself at home pointing rather than going to the weekly meetings to see how i get on, so far i have had one weigh in and i stayed the same but im going to keep going i need to loose about 21 pounds so even if i just loose 1.5 pounds a month from now til the wedding i will be happy. Now the nice weather has started to show its head like someone mentioned in an earlier it will be easier to get out and about :-)

                xoxox

                #1238 michelle2011

                michelle2011
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,301 posts

                  Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nicyx
                  Welcome to the new brides, look forward to getting to chat with you :-)

                  I agree with cjb0arder13 & Michelle, The hardest part is choosing the resort, it took us 7 months and 3 countries before we finally decided on a resort... but then we are a very undecisive couple :-) And as the girls say, its definatly the best feeling when you do find your resort :-)

                  Ooooo, Michelle cant wait to see your shoe.... Ive had a quick look the last few days but nothing stands out!!! I think this is one that is going to drive me mad.... Look forward to your "Flash" :-)

                  I tried weight watchers last year fron April to about October and I loved it at first the weight was coming of slow but steady but then i went from loosing 2 pound one week putting on the next then lossing a pound and putting back on the next, i just dont know what i was doing wrong?!
                  I have actually started it again myself at home pointing rather than going to the weekly meetings to see how i get on, so far i have had one weigh in and i stayed the same but im going to keep going i need to loose about 21 pounds so even if i just loose 1.5 pounds a month from now til the wedding i will be happy. Now the nice weather has started to show its head like someone mentioned in an earlier it will be easier to get out and about :-)

                  xoxox
                  Nicy you dont look like you need to loose 21lbs girl there will be nothing of you!! I have 14lb's i'd like to loose. Well really i need to tone up! I would not be happy in a bikini in Mexico with a cocktail in hand....sunbathing.....sorry dreaming again! lol with my flabby thighs! This is my problem area! I know only hard work will help :o) it's just doing it, hee hee.....

                  Ok here are my shoes! What do you think! (i know they are high but i am planning on taking some flats with me too....) Excuse my stumpy legs! Just wanted to give an idea of what they look like on!

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  #1239 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by michelle2011
                    Nicy you dont look like you need to loose 21lbs girl there will be nothing of you!! I have 14lb's i'd like to loose. Well really i need to tone up! I would not be happy in a bikini in Mexico with a cocktail in hand....sunbathing.....sorry dreaming again! lol with my flabby thighs! This is my problem area! I know only hard work will help :o) it's just doing it, hee hee.....

                    Ok here are my shoes! What do you think! (i know they are high but i am planning on taking some flats with me too....) Excuse my stumpy legs! Just wanted to give an idea of what they look like on!

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Arrrrr, thanks Michelle... Im just good at covering it up!! (The flab that is) Haha!! Will be a different story next year... i wont be able to cover up!!! Like you though i need to tone up too... I think actually booking the wedding will give me a massive kick up the backside though :-) and get me to work out when i can... I HOPE!!!! im sure it will be all the motivation i need though :-)

                    Oh and i was so in your dream then for a split second whilst reading... Its actually suprising how many times i do actually let my mind wonder off... I CANT WAIT.... Oh and only 12 days to go hopefully til prices are out!!!! x

                    OMG the shoes are gorgeous, do they do them in other colours? ?
                    They are perfect... I love high heels :-)
                    They look beautiful off but glad you posted with them on too as they look 10 times better :-) WOW.

                    OK, im off shoe hunting.....Hmmm would help if i new what i wanted though... hopefully something will jump out at me :-)

                    xoxox

                    #1240 Mischaka

                    Mischaka
                    • Member
                    • 969 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

                      Michelle...the shoes are FAB!!!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users