Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Yep we got £800 off!! so going for it! Yippie! Loving your little Mexican wave, lol......

Mrs.G2B - welcome and congrats on your wedding! I can't help you with TA's as i'm from the UK but i know how frustrating it is waiting for the 2011 flights. So many of us are just sitting waiting and just want it booked. Hopefully by April we can book up! Let us know how you get on...
Thx Michelle! I am so happy for you that you can have an AHR!

I think this thread will be filled with happiness and joy once each of us goes thru the process next year! I am sure everyone of us will have our dream day exactly what we envisioned...heehee!

Do you all think I should mail out to those that are coming to the wedding. Directions to the resort and telling them about check in and all? I only sent out invites and RSVP. I didn't send out everything else because we didn't have a resort picked out yet and plus for those that are coming for sure should get more information vs. the rest... you know to save $$ on paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
Do you all think I should mail out to those that are coming to the wedding. Directions to the resort and telling them about check in and all? I only sent out invites and RSVP. I didn't send out everything else because we didn't have a resort picked out yet and plus for those that are coming for sure should get more information vs. the rest... you know to save $$ on paper.
Better pick the resort, then send the instructions to those that are 100% they are coming...then...a second wave of marketing (in case u wanna fill up ur rectangle table...heehee)

hehehe yeah! so far I got 15 people coming! I need at least 20-25 more to make that table look good hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be View Post
Hello,

Can you tell me how you got airfare rates ?? Every site I check tells me hey have no packages..or are you booking hotel and airfare separate?

I haven't booked my airfare yet. It has to be less than 330 day in advance. I'm doing everything through my TA. so as soon as I'm able to book my flights I want to put down on my resort. my TA suggested I wait until the resort prices come down some. But honestly it doesn't matter (ok..it does...but...) I just want to put down on something besides my clothes. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.G2B View Post
Hi All 2011 Brides!

I'm a newbie and just started researching and found a TA, OMG can we say over helming..so many beautiful resorts in Mexico. My TA gave us some pricing and well, Im really disappointed. I thought Mexico would have some great prices/deals....She quoted us $3, 600 for 7 night and flight. Is this normal? It wasnt even a resort I wanted like Secrets. I'm starting to think maybe we should book on our own? I saw better prices online, i just hear TA is the best route. Any comments are you all using a TA maybe someone can refer me to theirs for better pricing. I live in Orange County.

Im starting to feel freaked out being you cant get 2011 flight or rates yet? Any advice on what I should do first? Im just want to send out STD and have a resort already :)

depending on when your wedding is will affect the pricing at the resorts. is that price for all inclusive? and as far as the flights you have to wait about 330 days before you leave.
i'm using a TA cause all of this booking flights and hotels and stuff like that is very new to me. and I will NOT be overwhelmed with trying to do it by myself and try to get rates for everyone else that's going.
you still have plenty of time...so the resort prices may actually go down. just look at different places and maybe Cabo prices will be cheaper as far as the airfare.

Mischaka- I love your website its so relaxing! the music is great!!!! excited for you!!!

Quote:
Mischaka- I love your website its so relaxing! the music is great!!!! excited for you!!!
Linhy,
Both of you and Mischaka..and other girls on this thread got good websites! It became a norm to have a nice website nowadays! LOL...so much pressure!

thanks ladies!!! It really wasn't a hard thing to do. mywedding.com is awesome!! it's free and you have choices!!

Quote:
The invite is the important part... why dont you just add instructions etc to your website when you know..... saves money and everybody can see all the info then :o)

Julie2011 - I havent got the same situation as you but i do know you can't please everyone with a wedding. There will always be someone you upset. But it is YOUR wedding and you do as you wish. Those causing problems are only thinking of themselves. I have had so much trouble with my MIL. She is a nightmare control freak. Engagement party, birth of Scarlett and now the wedding she caused a row between me and FI. This time is because i'm not having sister in law as bridesmaid. We've had a big row and now not talking over it but she will have to get on with it. I'm not letting her ruin my wedding and you should do the same. It's your day and your decisions. Everybody should respect that. :o) I'm sure things will settle down once your all booked up