Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

I have never been to Mexico, so hopefully they are not as bad there as they were in Cuba or Dom Rep when we have been there

 

this was day 4 in Cuba (and i had them on my body and arms but not quite as bad thank god!!!)

 

They were so so itchy!!! :-(  I hope and prey this isnt going to be the case in Mexico ............  (sorry i know its minging)

 

DSC00275.JPG

 

DSC00274.JPG

 

I have packed my bug spray already and also my anticeptic cream.... Luckliy we met a couple in cuba & the woman had the same prob as me, they were going home the next day so she gave me all her anticeptic which helped me loads... They were so so bad a night... i was in tears :-(

It just looked awful walking around with these legs, i was soooo embarrassed

 

Stephen, the bugar had one... yes ONE bite on the back of his arm!!!! Lucky sod!!!!! :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nic- I think those ones on your feet/legs might well be sand flea bites. They are quite itchy and swell more than mosquito bites. Try wearing shoes more as you walk on the sand, and then keep your feet on the beach beds/lounge chairs.

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicola,

Those are sand fleas or sea humms...very common in Cuba (small tiny tiny bugs that eat u alive)!  I guess u got them when u were sitting on a chair, because the blood tend to stuck in the legs...ouch ouch...You can avoid them by ...stay away from the sands or put citronelle spray.  The citrus smell spray made by Biotherm does the same thing.  I use an electric device (thermal cell) all the time at night.  It depends on the skin type/ skin odors, between me and my mom...all bugs would pick my mom as their main course, and between me and my FI, the bugs would pick me!  So unless I got my mom next to me, I would bring thermal cell with me!

 

Nan,

if ur resort is in Playa Del Carmen (in the town), then it is ok! No mosquitos!  If your resort is next to a wood/bushy area...or laguna...then good luck! Mexican Muzzies are strong and aggressive, our OFF spray is not strong enough!  It depends on the season and of course...how attractive u are to the bugs! Spring-Summer after rain..is the WORST time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

 

Nic- I think those ones on your feet/legs might well be sand flea bites. They are quite itchy and swell more than mosquito bites. Try wearing shoes more as you walk on the sand, and then keep your feet on the beach beds/lounge chairs.

Hope that helps

     Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

 

Nicola,

Those are sand fleas or sea humms...very common in Cuba (small tiny tiny bugs that eat u alive)!  I guess u got them when u were sitting on a chair, because the blood tend to stuck in the legs...ouch ouch...You can avoid them by ...stay away from the sands or put citronelle spray.  The citrus smell spray made by Biotherm does the same thing.  I use an electric device (thermal cell) all the time at night.  It depends on the skin type/ skin odors, between me and my mom...all bugs would pick my mom as their main course, and between me and my FI, the bugs would pick me!  So unless I got my mom next to me, I would bring thermal cell with me!

 

Nan,

if ur resort is in Playa Del Carmen (in the town), then it is ok! No mosquitos!  If your resort is next to a wood/bushy area...or laguna...then good luck! Mexican Muzzies are strong and aggressive, our OFF spray is not strong enough!  It depends on the season and of course...how attractive u are to the bugs! Spring-Summer after rain..is the WORST time.

 

Thanks ladies :-)

I will look online now and order some of the citronelle spray, Thanks bonnie :-) I will go on the hunt for the electric one too, i remember you saying about that last year, now were talking about it again!! Glad this subject came up again.....

Going on the hunt now

Thanks again xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nan & Bonnie, I am looking alright, just can't find anything with this short amount of time left :S I will have to go to David's Bridal again and give them another chance. We just moved to a different state so I don't know any other budget bridal stores close by, but I am looking for some. We moved for the 2nd time in a month and are still in temporary housing until we can sign for the apt we want, so A LOT going on besides the wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

 

Nan & Bonnie, I am looking alright, just can't find anything with this short amount of time left :S I will have to go to David's Bridal again and give them another chance. We just moved to a different state so I don't know any other budget bridal stores close by, but I am looking for some. We moved for the 2nd time in a month and are still in temporary housing until we can sign for the apt we want, so A LOT going on besides the wedding.

 

Good luck! You could always just look in the Yellowpages for bridal stores in the area. Most will sell you a gown that's in the store....hopefully in the right size!

Let us know how it goes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

 

Nan & Bonnie, I am looking alright, just can't find anything with this short amount of time left :S I will have to go to David's Bridal again and give them another chance. We just moved to a different state so I don't know any other budget bridal stores close by, but I am looking for some. We moved for the 2nd time in a month and are still in temporary housing until we can sign for the apt we want, so A LOT going on besides the wedding.

Primavera:

If there is a BCBG STORE where you live.. you will sure find a pretty dress for your very special day!! They have lots of wonderful dresses for all types of tastes! here is the web page in case you are interested.. www.bcbg.com bcbg white dress.jpgbcbg wedding dress.jpg

 

 

 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

 

Nicola,

Those are sand fleas or sea humms...very common in Cuba (small tiny tiny bugs that eat u alive)!  I guess u got them when u were sitting on a chair, because the blood tend to stuck in the legs...ouch ouch...You can avoid them by ...stay away from the sands or put citronelle spray.  The citrus smell spray made by Biotherm does the same thing.  I use an electric device (thermal cell) all the time at night.  It depends on the skin type/ skin odors, between me and my mom...all bugs would pick my mom as their main course, and between me and my FI, the bugs would pick me!  So unless I got my mom next to me, I would bring thermal cell with me!

 

Nan,

if ur resort is in Playa Del Carmen (in the town), then it is ok! No mosquitos!  If your resort is next to a wood/bushy area...or laguna...then good luck! Mexican Muzzies are strong and aggressive, our OFF spray is not strong enough!  It depends on the season and of course...how attractive u are to the bugs! Spring-Summer after rain..is the WORST time.

 

 

Nicola! 

 

I can´t believe that picture!!  I have been bitten by mosquitoes or sand fleas or whatever but never as bad!! I will make sure to get the citronella spray and my vitamins and the electric device--thank you Bonnie for your wise advice one more time-- and even my karate moves to keep them away from me!!!sandals fly kllr.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nan,

 

hahahaha...thx.

I think Nicola is more allergic to bugs' bites in general!  Some people do attract bugs, but don't have extreme reaction to the bites.  Others like my dad, who is NOT a FAVE in bugs' eyes, but he tend to have EXTREME reactions (i.e. very very bad swollening, leaving dark marks) to bugs bites.  Therefore, it varies from person to person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×