Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgorm11 View Post
Getting married June 2011. We def want a destination wedding, but it's so difficult to decide on a place. I love the look of the beaches and resorts in Mexico, but have never been there, and am a little scared, to be honest. Ive heard the stories of the "drinking water"...so Im a little nervous. I don't want anyone to get sick. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
LOL...anyone see the Sex and the City movie? Poor Charlotte...

I went to Mexico years ago (I was 12). We stayed in Cancun. Unfortunately, everyone in my family other than me got the Montezuma's Revenge...but honestly, I think it had more to do with handling the money than drinking the water.

To be safe...just drink alcohol instead!! elefant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
LOL...anyone see the Sex and the City movie? Poor Charlotte...

I went to Mexico years ago (I was 12). We stayed in Cancun. Unfortunately, everyone in my family other than me got the Montezuma's Revenge...but honestly, I think it had more to do with handling the money than drinking the water.

To be safe...just drink alcohol instead!! elefant.gif
The best part about Charlotte getting sick was that she'd stayed away from everything and was the only one to get it!

A lot of people tend to get sick b/c they over indulge b/c it's AI....just keep everything in moderation and stay hydrate (with bottled water, just check the seal!)

Mexicans don't drink tap water like Canadians and Americans. All the resorts in Mexico offer bottled water, and filtered water. I went to Mexico almost every year, and never got sick because of the water.

Most of the people who got sick because they were dehydrated, stayed under the sun too long and drank too much alchool (yes alchool dehydrates), and not enough of water. Muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting and abdo pain are signs of dehydration.

Bring a bottle with you, refill it at the bar. I usually drink 1 glass of water with 1 glass of drink when I am grilling on the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin123 View Post
Josie - hilarious description lol....I'm going to put my deposit next week on the Pronovias Gaudi dress..its got some mexican flavor !
Pronovias Wedding Dresses - Style Gaudi [Gaudi] : Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, and Designer Wedding Dresses
Your dress is beautiful!

For the bride who was worried about the water - just drink bottled water and dont have ice cubes in your drink. Most of mainland Europe dont drink their own water so its something that those of us from the UK always do when we are away - dont touch the foriegn water - lol!. I think the over indulging on food and alcohol is probably they people get an upset belly - i have been twice before and been fine.

The Gaudi dress is stunning. I saw another bride trying it on her when I was at a bridal shop, and the flare/skirt is just..WOW. She is a 5ft 8, size 6 girl, so she look perfect in it!...I am so jealous! heehee

I'm pretty excited about it, when I first called the bridal boutique to make the apt. to try it on, her first question was "How tall are you?" (I'm 5'9)..it was like a pre-requisite!

Mexbride- thanks for tip on that shoe website. Definitely going to keep that in mind for my BM's shoes. And pretty fabulous that you're rocking Louboutins!

I totally hit the jackpot and finally found the shoes on Monday. Just snapped a few quick pics with my iphone. (Sorry about the photo quality)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Found them at Nordstrom Rack in the designer section for a cool $109!! In the photo they almost look a very pale light blue, but they're actually silver.

It was a total Jerry Seinfeld marble rye moment. I spotted the only pair from down the aisle and all but pryed them out of this woman's hands. OK I'm embellishing, but I did almost knock someone over.

Nice Seinfeld reference! Cute shoes :)

I just e-mailed the resort with our wedding proposal & card info! It's so nice to know that the biggest step is done - now, I can get on to dress shopping this summer!