Any 2011 Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be View Post
question for you ladies :)

those of you having an at home reception (AHR) , are you sending out a save the date for it? I am getting married in January 2011 in Mexico- only a few close family/friends are attending, and then we are having an at home reception upon our return.
I feel if I just send a reception invite out a few months in advance...many people will be like "wait, where's the wedding?" and may be confused!

If anyone knows the etiquette on this..please, fill me in :)
Hey, this is exactly the same as me we are getting married in Jan 2011 in Mexico and have our AHR on the 5th Feb exactly a week after we get back. We only have close family and friends coming (18 to be exact) - but only this evening we did our list for our AHR and there are 175 people to invite. I made up some STD cards in the style of a postcard on Vistaprint and we are posting them out 6 months before the date. On the back we have explained we are travelling to Mexico to get married but would still like them to be part of our celebrations. We have put our website address on the STD as well for people to see where we are going so as they dont feel excluded. I think everyone knows we are travelling abroad though just by word of mouth so no-one will be suprised. Hope this helps.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicy & Michelle - good luck for tomorrow. Im sure you wont have a shock with the prices we didnt. TC & Thomson though dont know all their stuff i have to say you will probably know more than them! LOL. From our experience if you are going into the shops. The best people to ring are the wedding department direct if you are booking your actual wedding with them. Lets us know how you get on. Fingers crossed :-)

Thanks Josie, Im sure you'll be fully upto date tomz :-) You ladies will be the first to know (except FI ofcourse) :-)

To be fair, ive had a really bad experience with a girl in First Choise an OK experience with a girl in Thomsons but a FANTASTIC experience with a girl at TC she has been brilliant, she has really gone out of her way to help and answer every single question i have had, she has been so good :-) Id would absolutley reccommend her to anyone, I guess i fell lucky walking in and speaking to her :-)

I actually feel sick..... im so nervous!!!

We will probably be doing a AHR but honestly not thinking about this yet!! so i will need to take on board what you guys say now for when we do plan :-)

xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be View Post
question for you ladies :)

those of you having an at home reception (AHR) , are you sending out a save the date for it? I am getting married in January 2011 in Mexico- only a few close family/friends are attending, and then we are having an at home reception upon our return.
I feel if I just send a reception invite out a few months in advance...many people will be like "wait, where's the wedding?" and may be confused!

If anyone knows the etiquette on this..please, fill me in :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Nicy & Michelle - good luck for tomorrow. Im sure you wont have a shock with the prices we didnt. TC & Thomson though dont know all their stuff i have to say you will probably know more than them! LOL. From our experience if you are going into the shops. The best people to ring are the wedding department direct if you are booking your actual wedding with them. Lets us know how you get on. Fingers crossed :-)
We are also having an AHR two weeks after we come home. We decided not to do STD's only because everyone that knows us know we are getting married abroad. The verse in the evening invite reads "following their wedding in Mexico on 28th May 2011" Michelle & Dan request the pleasure blah blah blah......

I am sooooooooo excited for Nicy! I have been told today that my hotel prices with Cosmos wont be released until 27th May!!! So we have to wait another 4 weeks till we can book. Totally gutted but nothing at all we can do :o(

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
For all of us who were questioning "starting to plan to early" ... here's a story for you :-s So my MOH ordered and PIF for the bridesmaids dresses when she was in Boston back in February. They weren't in stock so they placed the order and told her 6 weeks til they would come in. About a month later she gets an email telling her that one of the dresses has come in .... early YAY!! That time frame plus passes and no call about the other dress so she contacts them about her dress. They proceed to tell her no the dress is not there, they have no record of her info - name, payment invoice etc My MOH is now losing her mind trying to find the receipt but thank GOD she held onto the email they sent her about the 1st dress coming in. To make a long story short ... I can totally be like, "RELAX Ali, we have all kinds of time for these bumps and will laugh about this in a year." Something tells me if we were to fast forward 6 months - I might not be quite as cordial LOL Anyhoo, not only do I not think there is such a thing as planning too early - after this, I highly recommend it :-) It made the difference between this being a ranting vent and an oh well thank goodness I started early post LOL
I totally agree with you! Imagine if something important that I ordered didn't show up at the last minute...I would probably tear those sales people/ reps into pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt View Post
I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for 2011 prices to come out!! I'm dying to really start planning!!!
I was just saying on the 2011 Rates thread I'm starting to get really nervous based on the March '11 rates for my resort. Its looking like an easy 2K pp. Hoping that May's rates are little easier on the eyes for my poor guests :-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
I was just saying on the 2011 Rates thread I'm starting to get really nervous based on the March '11 rates for my resort. Its looking like an easy 2K pp. Hoping that May's rates are little easier on the eyes for my poor guests :-s
May rates should be lower. When the rates for my resort came out it was Jan-the end of March that were through the roof, then April then dropped dramtically. But of course that didn't help us, our wedding WAS January...but now it's December because of the rates.

Hello ladies! Another May 2011 bride here. We are going to the Riviera Maya this week to do some site inspections and will post my findings. Here is my list of resorts: Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Occidental Xcaret, Iberostar Paraiso Maya, and Riu.

Wish me luck!

Sandra

smile159.gif