Any 2011 Brides out there?

Originally Posted by N&J2011 View Post

Tara's makeup looks great! Pretty Pig Pig are you getting married at the Royal PDC? How far is Waves from the resort?  Thanks!

Very far...my guess is about 20-30 min of walk.  I would melt and vanish into the thick hot and humid air if I walk there from the Royal PDC to Waves in July.  Therefore, I will get 4 women or a cab.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by pitt2011 View Post

My guys are going to wear Tommy Bahama shirts and shorts. I was leaning towards having them wear pants but I would feel horrible making them wear pants in July on the beach!! I saw a few shirts that I liked but havn't made them go get them yet. How long should one wait to tell the GM to get their attire? I feel like if I wait too long I would be stressing that they wouldn't get their clothes on time.

I will order them for the boys after xmas.  Since they can grow a lot during the holiday seasons...heehee

Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post

Pitt-  Sorry I just noticed your post on this page.  I'm not too good at the new format either!

I think I answered a lot of your questions in my long post on the Ibersotar thread, but yes, the Italian is SOOO pretty!  I'm so sad we're not having it there.   It came down to food for us, and I liked the surf and turf many offered by the Lindo better :(

I must admit I'm still second guessing myself because I love that restaurant for a reception venue.  What dinner options did you go with, the tenderloin? 

My meeting with Ivan went well.  he didn't show up for our scheduled time and I was waiting around for 45 minutes in the lobby which was frustrating, but then I found out it was because his daughter was in the emergency room for an asthma attack  (understandable) So we rescheduled for the next morning and I met with him literally a half hour before we left for the airport for our trip home.  If you go to his blog, you'll see some pics he's done at the Iberostars.  I would highly reccomend him.  He does a great job and a great pricetag to match.

Now the florist.  I will post my inspiration pic  for the bouquet and then the sample he made based off of that.

Here's my inspiration pic:  I wanted to substitute hot pink for the yellow orchids since my colors are hot pink and coral.

bridalbouquet.jpg

and here's the one he did:

DSCF5086.JPG

As you can see, he used about 12-15 orange roses and about 5 green cymbidium orchids.  (the one pink phalaenopsis was added just for the picture) 

I told him I wanted less roses and more orchids.  So my finished bouquet will have 8 coral roses  (as opposed to orange)  8 green cymbidium orchids and 8 fuschia phalaenopsis orchids. 

So as you can see they do their best to replicate your inspiration pic, but they are open to make any changes you want.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

View Post

Love these flowers they are beautiful :-) He has done a fab job x

I was a bit worried about flowers for a while there too.  a lot of the pics I saw were just kinda "meh" nothing that I was over the top about.  You're much better off just bringing your own inspiration pics!

I have an email in to Karla to see if we can switch up the menu a bit, but it's looking doubful.  Still holding on to trying to have it there! 

The tenderloin (think it's the same as the beef you mentioned)  was a good cut of meat (better than the steak I tried at the Maya's steakhouse)  so I think you'll be happy with that.   What are your appetizers/salads/desserts going to be??

I feel your pain with accodomating people's diets!  FI is a strict vegetarian, (no meat at all, no fish) so we're going to have to get a pasta dish for him.  Then another friend is a vegetarian that only eats fish (no meat) so she'll just have to just eat the lobster medallions & pesto potatoes off her surf and turf plate!  So complicated! LOL 

Thanks so much your pic helped a lot!! I am just so worried about flowers for some reason! I'm just going to get a bunch of pics that I like and then give them to the florist. I will feel a little better once I pick out something I like. Your bouquet is gorgeous by the way. I love the orchids.

As for my reception food, were going to give our guests a choice of either chicken or beef. Karla emailed me both the Italian and the Steakhouse menus for us to choose from. When going over it my FI and I were having a hard time thinking that we were going to serve everyone the same thing! A few of our guests are vegetarians but will tolerate chicken and some people don't eat fish. So we explained the situation to Karla and she said that as long as we give them advanced notice of who is going to eat what it shouldn't be a problem. Works for me! I don't mind the extra work if my guests are going to be happier with a choice. The only thing about the Italian is it's outside and I'm getting married in July. I'm a little worried about the sweat factor..... It is gorgeous though!

Also, thanks for the info about Ivan.I feel better about things when I hear about it from other people too. It's good to know how other peoples interactions go. I looked at his sample pics on his website and they are beautiful. My FI both agreed that we would like to go with him but we have to talk to his mom about it because she offered to pay for photography for us!! Hopefully we can get him booked soon!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to check in with you and see how everything is going. I have under 6 months to go now...ack!!!!

We ordered FI's suit last night from www.studiosuits.com. I'm really excited/nervous to see how it turns out! Hopefully I did the measuring right. We ordered him a terry rayon suit instead of the more popular linen, but that's because it will be the only suit FI owns and I want him to be able to wear it to places other than just our wedding :)

Kinda nervous as I still haven't heard back from my WC confirming our date, even though we've given her our booking number (twice!). I'd like to get the options for the reception/bouquets/etc soon so I can start making decisions!!

And still trying hard to lose weight! Why is it so dang easy to put on, but so dang hard to get off?

Yes, I started my search of inspiration pics yesterday...I found a couple that I liked.

love the flowers.jpg

similar pics to good one.jpg

I  like the first picture the best. I love all of the deep colors. I think it would look incredible with my bridesmaids dresses and very pretty against my white dress. The second pic I like the color of the stargazer lily. I think I'm leaning toward the first pic though. What do you think?

For our appetizers, we get a cold seafood bar and a salad bar. Our dinners come with a baked potato and corn on the cob. I'm not too sure how I feel about the corn on the cob but you can't really go wrong with a potato. hehe. Apple pie also comes with our meals. Then we get wedding cake too. Hopefully nobody will go hungry?? I just want the food to be good and people to enjoy themselves. If I have to accomodate their diets I would be more than happy to. I want them to have a good time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post

I was a bit worried about flowers for a while there too.  a lot of the pics I saw were just kinda "meh" nothing that I was over the top about.  You're much better off just bringing your own inspiration pics!

I have an email in to Karla to see if we can switch up the menu a bit, but it's looking doubful.  Still holding on to trying to have it there! 

The tenderloin (think it's the same as the beef you mentioned)  was a good cut of meat (better than the steak I tried at the Maya's steakhouse)  so I think you'll be happy with that.   What are your appetizers/salads/desserts going to be??

I feel your pain with accodomating people's diets!  FI is a strict vegetarian, (no meat at all, no fish) so we're going to have to get a pasta dish for him.  Then another friend is a vegetarian that only eats fish (no meat) so she'll just have to just eat the lobster medallions & pesto potatoes off her surf and turf plate!  So complicated! LOL 

Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post

Hey ladies! Just wanted to check in with you and see how everything is going. I have under 6 months to go now...ack!!!!

We ordered FI's suit last night from www.studiosuits.com. I'm really excited/nervous to see how it turns out! Hopefully I did the measuring right. We ordered him a terry rayon suit instead of the more popular linen, but that's because it will be the only suit FI owns and I want him to be able to wear it to places other than just our wedding :)

Kinda nervous as I still haven't heard back from my WC confirming our date, even though we've given her our booking number (twice!). I'd like to get the options for the reception/bouquets/etc soon so I can start making decisions!!

And still trying hard to lose weight! Why is it so dang easy to put on, but so dang hard to get off?

WOW 6 months to go! Time will fly by so fast! well I am the opposite, I lost weight, and my dress is sliding down.  I am hoping xmas will help, if not..then I will duct tape myself to the dress!

Your bouquet pics are pretty!  And they definitely have an abundance of lilies, so you should be good to go :-)

I know, I have really been stressing because it's a lot of pressure that all of these people are paying money to come out to this resort on my recommedation!  But you're right, no one will go hungry. 

I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed with some of the food,   Some things we ate were really good, but others not so much,

If I hadn't already sent out save the dates and had a bunch of people booked, I'd consider changing resorts.  But it is what it is.  I think that everyone's gonna be so excited to be there on an awesome vacation and people don't go to an all-inclusive expecting to eat the best food they've ever had.

I'll let you know if I have any luck tweaking the menu.  I hope so!

I gave the WC at the Lindo a list of appetizers -- crab claws, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, etc. -- and desserts like cream puffs, choc eclairs -- things that we tasted and really liked.  She said she had to get approval from the chef before approving it.  Let's hope I hear back tomorrow :-)

Yes, I started my search of inspiration pics yesterday...I found a couple that I liked.

love the flowers.jpg

similar pics to good one.jpg

oh, I just thought of something.  BE CAREFUL with the lilies (espeically stargazers) with your white dress!  The orange stem things in the centers stain! 

I had on a black wool dress at my grandfather's funeral last year.  While I was helping my mom take apart some of the floral arrangements, some of the orange powdery stem stuff got on my dress.  I thought ah well it's black, I'll just brush it off. 

Do you know that it literally like bleached an orange stain onto my black dress?!?  I had it drycleaned and everything.  I was shocked! 

Just a word of caution. . ,  I'd hate to see you stain your gorgeous dress!!

Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer tonight  . . . insert sound effect.

debbie.jpg