Any 2011 Brides out there?

Hey ladies, Ive been MIA for the past few weeks sadly... But the good news is Ive been busy getting details accomplished on the wedding front... We are now officially booked for April 6th at the Royal Cancun... We also booked Cecilia Dumas for our wedding and TTD session the next morning. We are using Jill from Sand N Sun vacations,..and we are planning to book our trip on Tuesday...I am waiting for the STD magnets which should be here this week..woohooo so excited to finally get the word out officially to our loved ones..hoping to have atleast 20 people attend so we can have a private reception :)

I have yet to get my dress but have one picked out online, Im just alittle hesitant to buy one online without trying some on in that style..So I will be making a joint trip to Davids Bridal with my lil sis who is getting married 3mos after me :) Fun times...

This is the dress that I have my eye on online(minus the flower)..let me know what you think :)

Strapless slim A-line bridal gown with zipper for brides 2009 style sawd0023 - a-line princess wedding dress

...... oh our colors are ocean blue and yellow...we are doing our flowers through Silk Wedding Flowers, Yellow Silk Bridal Bouquets were doing yellow calla lillies and some lil white flowers then wrapped with the cornflower color ribbon..their prices are pretty good I think, but Im just doing 7 and 8 inch boquets... whatelse..oh my bridesmaid dresses are Victoria's Secret - Knot-front matte jersey dress in the paradise blue color then they will be wearing silver sandals...

I guess thats all I have so far in my wedding planning... I look forward to sharing this wedding planning time with you all :) Kathy

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW View Post
I have yet to get my dress but have one picked out online, Im just alittle hesitant to buy one online without trying some on in that style..So I will be making a joint trip to Davids Bridal with my lil sis who is getting married 3mos after me :) Fun times...
This is the dress that I have my eye on online(minus the flower)..let me know what you think :)
Strapless slim A-line bridal gown with zipper for brides 2009 style sawd0023 - a-line princess wedding dress
...... oh our colors are ocean blue and yellow...we are doing our flowers through Silk Wedding Flowers, Yellow Silk Bridal Bouquets were doing yellow calla lillies and some lil white flowers then wrapped with the cornflower color ribbon..their prices are pretty good I think, but Im just doing 7 and 8 inch boquets... whatelse..oh my bridesmaid dresses are Victoria's Secret - Knot-front matte jersey dress in the paradise blue color then they will be wearing silver sandals...
I guess thats all I have so far in my wedding planning... I look forward to sharing this wedding planning time with you all :) Kathy
Hi Kathy, so excited that your STD magnets are on the way! I had the same feeling back a few months ago....just wait for the day that little box appears in your mailbox :)

The dress looks beautiful! But I would go to a salon at try some similar styles on first (or that dress specifically if you can) before ordering online. I had a picture in my mind of what style I was going to wear. And after going to a number of different salons and trying that style on...just wasn't feeling it. Now I have a 'surprise' dress! Tried something completely different on, and feel in love! So you never know wink.gif

Great color choices! FI and I are still trying to figure that out. Our invites were black, turquoise and lime green. Thinking of sticking with the turquoise and lime green....but also really know my flowers will be white, purple and pink (a tribute to my mother). So not sure if those should be the colors...Silly things that make you stress!

Good luck with your planning!

Quote:
Hey ladies, Ive been MIA for the past few weeks sadly... But the good news is Ive been busy getting details accomplished on the wedding front... We are now officially booked for April 6th at the Royal Cancun... We also booked Cecilia Dumas for our wedding and TTD session the next morning. We are using Jill from Sand N Sun vacations,..and we are planning to book our trip on Tuesday...I am waiting for the STD magnets which should be here this week..woohooo so excited to finally get the word out officially to our loved ones..hoping to have atleast 20 people attend so we can have a private reception :)
That dress is lovely - and a great choice on your wedding colours - I chose the same colours - he he he x

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
Hi Kathy, so excited that your STD magnets are on the way! I had the same feeling back a few months ago....just wait for the day that little box appears in your mailbox :)

The dress looks beautiful! But I would go to a salon at try some similar styles on first (or that dress specifically if you can) before ordering online. I had a picture in my mind of what style I was going to wear. And after going to a number of different salons and trying that style on...just wasn't feeling it. Now I have a 'surprise' dress! Tried something completely different on, and feel in love! So you never know wink.gif

Great color choices! FI and I are still trying to figure that out. Our invites were black, turquoise and lime green. Thinking of sticking with the turquoise and lime green....but also really know my flowers will be white, purple and pink (a tribute to my mother). So not sure if those should be the colors...Silly things that make you stress!

Good luck with your planning!
Hey i sooooooooooo agree with you about the dress - in my mind i wanted a floaty like dress at the bottom, corset style at the top and a one shoulder strap design - and i didnt get that at all - only the floaty light bit!!

Oh and you are my date twin - 24th Jan 2011 - everyone else has one and I was feeling a bit left out - now i have you - :-)

Quote:
Im so happy for you that you got your parents to be there on your special day...any words of encouragement as Im also having a difficult time getting my dad on board. At this moment he is saying he is NOT coming! Makes me sad but what can I do... Anyway if you have any good words that I can use to entice him to change his mind it would be much appreciated :)
To be honest I dont really know, I kinda mind set myself that they werent coming so never really said much, but in the begining the point i tried to make was that i knew it was expensive but it wasnt just an ordinary holiday it was an exception...Their daughters wedding AND a holiday rolled into one. Sorry i cant be of more help xox

Quote:
Love your dress, how come you dont want the flower? i think its lovely :-) Its perfect for a DW, lovely floaty feel to it and your chosen colours are lovely too, The bridesmaid dresses are nice and can also be worn again for a night out or whatever so a bargain there :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Oh and you are my date twin - 24th Jan 2011 - everyone else has one and I was feeling a bit left out - now i have you - :-)
I still dont think i have a date twin :-( x

Quote:
WOW. you got so much done!
my parents are not coming as well, and I just count them out! I don't wanna feel upset and spend more energy on try to convince someone to do something that is so OBVIOUS (going to ur daughter's wedding!).

You will love Cecilia Dumas, she is super sweet! She did my engagement pics and I love them! Royal Cancun is super nice and the Real Resorts' yachts and golf course are all located in Cancun too! I picked the Royal Playa Del Carmen because I like the village feel of Playa Del Carmen!

Your dress looks amazing, very DW feel! and the BM dress looks very nice too! I had my eyes on VS dresses...except my sis are too skinny to wear them!

Quote:

yayyyy!! I'm using Jill too!! She is really great getting back to me even if she is out of the office.

And you were the only other person i've seen that are using those colors!!! I'm using blue and yellow too!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Hey i sooooooooooo agree with you about the dress - in my mind i wanted a floaty like dress at the bottom, corset style at the top and a one shoulder strap design - and i didnt get that at all - only the floaty light bit!!

Yeeeeaaahhhh! A date twin! How exciting...we'll have to chit chat some more :)

I had wanted a very simple chiffon dress, v-neck, with a low back. I completely surprised myself by buying a very romantic lace number.

http://72.232.198.18/manufcols/prono...om/Deseo_B.jpg

Miriam